Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
 Crashed my LA Flyer, Pictures Inside and finished rebuild! >

Crashed my LA Flyer, Pictures Inside and finished rebuild!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Crashed my LA Flyer, Pictures Inside and finished rebuild!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crashed my LA Flyer, Pictures Inside and possible rebuild!

I've been reading around, i've only heard of two bad cases on several forums. On one, the landing gear mounts were glued in with cheap "chalky" glue, on the other, the elevator was a very cheap design and had to be rebuilt, it had broken in midflight. I've also heard that it can't take a hard landing even when the mounts were re-glued with epoxy. On the other hand, the twist 3D .60 seems like a good plane, I have been messing around with the twist .40 on the sim, I got blenders, and snaps rolls down perfect, can do ok with the knife edges, and can hover ok, but hovers need alot more practice. I've also seen the modeltech "magic" which seems like a VERY durable plane, people have landind it straight from a flat spin. And is a .40, I guess I could give my engine another chance. Only downside is that it is rather small and the fact that it's a 3D plane with rubber bands. [sm=confused.gif] If the yak was designed better I would get it, other then that I would prefer the twist 60, it's pretty big too.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crashed my LA Flyer, Pictures Inside and possible rebuild!

Went flying today again, went perfect, I learned a few aerobatics today too. At first, I remembered that video of a trainer hovering that tony shoed me one time, so I gave it a try, went vertical on full throttle, and once it began to slow down I gave it about 90% throttle and started hovering. I can hold it for about 5-15 seconds depending on how well I got into the hover, i'm sure if I had more rudder I could hold it alot longer, a little more alieron would help too, elevator seems just fine, I was using a 10x6 or a 10x7 at the time, not sure, but I switched to a 11x5 for the next time I go flying, might make it easier. I can also do this wierd snap roll type thing, It will keep going until I let go of the sticks. Also there was a huge crash today, I heard some pilots yelling, a large jet crashed right next to the pits, a few feet away from the spectators and exploded on impact, a very large explosion too. People were running away screaming as if we were getting bombed, people started running when fire extinguishers, then some lipo packs scattered around started to explode, pretty cool, but to be honest I was scared as hell. I'm sure that made some people realise how dangerous this is, a few more feet and i'm sure it would have killed those people.