Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Youtube - U Can "Blow It Up"

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Youtube - U Can "Blow It Up"

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

CG,
As the KID put it,,
You are WAYYYY out of context..

Allow me to put it a more basic way so that you can understand,, 'k..

Your opinion, it doesn't belong.
Other people, feel it does belong.
Perhaps I should have put it as:
In your opinion the topic of this thread does not belong or should even exsist..
Other people feel that the topic of this thread does belong or should exsist..

Robby
Old 12-29-2007, 12:33 AM
wingman371

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Youtube - U Can "Blow It Up"

Robby.. I think this type of posting on any website is unhealthy for our hobby. Even bob violet models home page had an encouraging message to stop this kind of posting on the web.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:17 AM
gunfighterII

Well, here's the tally,

13 against
4 for

Then we had one guy who's going to show us some real action in 5 years.

Then there's Robby, who now accounts for 10% of the posts, 5 out of 50 I think we understand your position.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:11 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah... right.. Out of context. Right. [sm=bananahead.gif]

Enough for me. I won't be posting any more comments here on this particular thread. I've said how I feel, and that's that.

I'm outta here.

CGr
Old 12-29-2007, 07:47 PM
CGRetired

Gunfighter.. it just ain't worth the effort. My dad had a great term for these type people..... called THICK HEADED. What can I say.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:57 AM
CGRetired

Well, so much for free speech. My reply was removed.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:23 AM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what I saw was a dangerous prank.the engine could have become a projectile under the right conditions and hurt somebody.obviously someone with too much money.why not take $300 and just burn it.may not be as dramatic but the end result is the same.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Insanemoondoggie

The thing that spooks me the most , is the charge is set off with a radio. What would happen , if you had just bent over and flipped the switch to arm it and you got a glitch and all the controls went nuts ? Boom!

Does anyone remember , A Club in Iowa, that put on a WW ll reenactment battle ? I believe it was in the mid 90s , they blew up a Zero every year . Wonder if they had to stop , because of the exposives ?

Anyway , I don't believe explosives and RC aircraft should be any where near each other.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:59 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe you are referring to byrons striking back show.but you are quite right about the arming.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:52 PM
timothy thompson

stupid kids!
Old 01-01-2008, 02:53 AM
Pearl_414
Banned

Those people should be jailed for doing that. I can hear little kids in the crowd that are certainly enjoying the planes flight. Then you have these people that pull dangerous pranks and the kids wonder what happened and what kind of world they are living in. These non-mentors should be put in prison for dangerous acts towards innocent by standers!!!! Imagine if that plane blew-up 3 or 5 feet from a child because a person hit the radio button by accident prior to takeoff, makes me sick.

The lawmakers that allow this to be legal should be put in prison 100%, as they have no respect for possible future mental/physical trauma towards my/your kids who have no control over the dangerous situitation and are totally innocent as they are the future generations!!!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 12:35 PM
sebo

Yep! There can't be anything that is much more fun than shooting 22 cal bullet slugs randomly into the air. You could get lucky and possibly kill or maim someone in this manner.
Come on, Dude. Put something under that hat besides hair (or is it air?).
Be responsible!!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Pearl_414
Banned

Hi Robby,

I see you edited my post, thats cool.

On the 2nd page post 37, typed by Tommy. He used the same term I did and his post has not been edited. The word ( Idiots ) he is useing it not only towards the video on youtube, but he is also useing it towards people around the world.

I need a moderator to explain why I am a victim of a Double-Standard. I will continue to be a Double-Standard victim until post 37 has been edited.

Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:47 PM
NorfolkSouthern

ORIGINAL: Robby

ORIGINAL: CGRetired
Well, Robbie. We can agree to disagree, then. It just doesn't belong here. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this sort of activity either here on RCU or anywhere else. We get enough scrutiny without this sort of stuff.
CG,
I am only reciting the rules as posted on RCU..
RCU guidelines/Rules do not state that a post must have reedeeming value.
Your opinion, it doesn't belong.
Other people, feel it does belong.
This thread IS monitored closely and if any MOD feels a post is borderline
or over it may be removed.

Ignoring it will not make it go away.
Hiding from it will not make it go away.
Deny it exsist does not make it go away.

The sort of thing depicted in the originators post does happen.
It is up to us as individuals if we wish to be around it or not.
Should someone choose to not be around it then by all means
they should void themselves of such activity. However, our choice
does not give us the right to require other people to agree with our choice.

Mr. A flies silver warbirds very high in a circle..
Mr. B flies yellow giant scale 3D very low.
Mr. C doesn't have to agree with eithers choice,,
just allow THAT person to thier own choice.

Always remember,, you may be doing something another does not agree with..

Robby
As Robby says, try to ignore the white elephant and it won't go away. The genie is out of the bottle, and you can't suck him up with a Hoover vacuum cleaner. If we continue to ignore stuff like this, then it might come back and bite us some day. Explosives like this usually require a license and background check, and the licensee needs to jump quite a few hoops in the process. Most likely, whoever did this had some sort of government permit or there probably wouldn't be a video. Yes, people do this stuff. Now, how do we mitigate the possibility that more events like this will have any impact?

NorfolkSouthern
Old 01-02-2008, 12:37 AM
timothy thompson

find this guy and arrest him! hesw illegal you cantr discharge firearms wherever you want. really sick!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:36 AM
Pearl_414
Banned

I'll make a long story short. If I go to a rc fly-in and one of my kids gets physically/mentally traumatized by a licensed prank, they better have one of the best lawyers planet earth has to offer at the least.

Corey
Old 01-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

As Robby says, try to ignore the white elephant and it won't go away. The genie is out of the bottle, and you can't suck him up with a Hoover vacuum cleaner. If we continue to ignore stuff like this, then it might come back and bite us some day. Explosives like this usually require a license and background check, and the licensee needs to jump quite a few hoops in the process. Most likely, whoever did this had some sort of government permit or there probably wouldn't be a video. Yes, people do this stuff. Now, how do we mitigate the possibility that more events like this will have any impact?

NorfolkSouthern
You gotta be kidding. Have you ever been to the YouTube site? It's unbelievable the things folks are doing for their 15 seconds of fame.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

There is a new TV show comming out this month about this very thing..
Wacked out videos...

Darwin is not short of canadates,, thats fer sure...
Old 01-03-2008, 03:19 AM
kawgomoo

the gun club out here straps dynamite or tannerite to rc aircraft, flys them around and guns them down with machine guns until the explosive is detonated. lots of fun. dont care how the hobbyists see it.. its fun. its legal. quit hatin.

i wouldnt recomend blowing up a fuel plane due to the weight of the prop and other assorted goodies. electric components are lighter and less prone to traveling high distance at high velocity.

sorry this wasnt meant to be a reply to anyone, just hit the wrong button.

there are plenty of explosives that do not require any sort of licesne. gasoline, nearly any fuel oil, gun powder, tannerite, blasting caps, ammonium nitrate {fertilizer, also the key ingredient in tannerite} the list is endless. the only explosives that require license are the really big ones, like semtex and what not. almost any joe with a license can get ahold of dynamite.

dont forget all the supplies required for making fireworks are available over the counter. class c explosives are free to sell to anyone over 18.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Garthwood

KID CHUCKLES..............................that would be very childish on your part or the other person who's planning to do this. This is a serious hobby, it is not skeet shooting. I cannot believe you guys think this is funny. I don't imagine you are members of AMA . If you were, you should be very careful what you say on RCU as This beheaviour is unacceptable for sure by AMA standards, or for any other RC organization. If any of you think this behaviour is funny you should be quitting RC, because it is dangerous and there's no excuse. This is a real men's hobby and not for kids. I don't think I misunderstood your writing. Sure everybody has rights to his opinions, say what you like and do what you like "Your Motto". This is serious Kid Chuckles. Not meant to offend anybody, but lets behave responsibly please. Some people never got hit with a piece of flying debris that's why they act the way they do.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Garthwood

Very stupid and childish. Some guys forgot 911. Those who served and who are still serving will never forget. He/she who served always behaves responsibly with firearms.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Garthwood

And we always wonder how security is breached. Really, there was no reason for you to give us the details, you'll never know who might use your information. Please think before your write. I am sure there are others feel the same way. You hit the wrong button, BIG mistake.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 AM
CGRetired

Gee.... and you were not even sensored for saying that. Will wonders never cease. And, I must agree with you, Garthwood.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Garthwood

ORIGINAL: wingman371

This thread will do nothing but put this hobby in a bad light and encourage the government to get involved and revoke our hobby. Read the many postings AT the AMA on just this type of behavior. No matter where it was done it is still against the AMA safety code and any club that allows something like this to happen should have their AMA staus revoked.
This post says it all. In addition to that, the person who executes such foolish behaviour should have his/her membership canceled.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Garthwood

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

Gee.... and you were not even sensored for saying that. Will wonders never cease. And, I must agree with you, Garthwood.
Apparently my other posts were censured, for speaking the truth. I know I had more than one post regarding this idiotic behaviour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.