Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

New move..... Double tip flip.....GP 300 Extra

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

New move..... Double tip flip.....GP 300 Extra

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Huntster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New move..... Double tip flip.....GP 300 Extra

Now this is what I am talking about.... Death and Carnage!!!!

Where to start.... I was flying at a LARGE area (old out lying airfield) near Blue Angel Park. I was really enjoying diving fly bys.... This was my third or fourth one and as I came down the last time, the wings wiggled and I was at about 70 deg of bank and it rolled closer to 90 and I pulled and should have rolled.... that Momentary Lapse of Thinking.... As I was putting in the controls my mouth opened and I said..... S@!#....... that was all she wrote....

The first wing tip hit and ripped off about a foot of it and then as it was rolling over onto its back took the other half of the wing right off...... The landing gear jumped off at this point and then the Rudder was clipped off and the elevator was reduced in size....... Lastly the plane slid for what seemed like FOREVER....... and then kept sliding some more just to get to me I think... Like nails in the chalkboard..... ALL on the canopy. UGH!!!!!

She was a kited Fuse that a friend gave to me and he also had the wing from a crash at his flying field. She was 7 years old! Now I have an OLD 70 Surpass OS 4 stroke and a radio gear ready for a new plane..... She will be missed and maybe I'll bring her back but school is first and I have 2 other projects in line.

Again... The angle of Arrival is inversely related to the probability of survival. GRAVITY works!!! I know I checked it out today!

Enjoy the pix.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29291.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1041541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63681.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	1041542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22928.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1041543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn33164.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1041544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fq87817.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1041545  
Old 09-27-2008, 05:55 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New move..... Double tip flip.....GP 300 Extra

7 years is a pretty good life span on one of these. I know after that time you can get pretty attached to them. To avoid this "attachment" you must flog them arround regularly like a red headed stepchild... as it seems you've been doing
Old 09-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Huntster

Oh, She was definitely RED! :-)

When I built the Fuse..... I grew the rudder by an inch and a half larger than the original plans. I was working on cleaning up my knife edge with it earlier in the day yesterday..... Maybe next time...

On the up side! I flew my Ultra Sport 40 w/ an OS 46Fx for its maiden flight, it needed some trim BUT once I get them worked out it flew like it was on rails!!!! It is going to be a NICE flier!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 AM
reincarnate

Again... The angle of Arrival is inversely related to the probability of survival.
Oooh...I like that. Can I use it as my sig line?!
Old 09-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Huntster

You may use it!! BUT if you fly a Heli..... It won't work well.... I am glad to be able to add a mean pix of a crash the board..... All of our Planes have expiration dates, We just don't know what date it is.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:43 PM
outdoorhunting

In kinda a sick way, it looks rather peacefull laying there !! What a big area to fly in. How much room do you have ? The only problem I see, would be those big ole' "weed-trees". If there was only one in a 20 acre field, I 'd be the guy to hit it. Ya, taking off & landing. We have corn on 3 sides of our field this year. ( It's "scary" when you have to go in there after a plane. !!!)
Old 09-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Huntster

Here in Pensacola there are MANY MANY airfields that were used to train new pilots and now they are used by us modelers..... It is was a FULL sized airport!!!! It is REAL nice and I had it all to myself!!!!! Any you can see that it only takes ONE to tango!! No help needed.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:01 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've lost a few planes to that same moment of "Duhhh?!", all the others have been due to radio malfunctions, But the ones where I went down instead of up on the stick and being upside down are the most spectacular, especially when it's, front and center for everybody to see your highly refined and polished brain-fart skills shine for the group!
Old 09-28-2008, 12:50 PM
outdoorhunting

ALL of my crashes were either the fault of the radio or the plane it's self. I have never-ever had dumb thumbs !!!! Uh, well, maybe a couple was kinda- almost my fault !!! If you talk to any of my flying buddies, don't listen to them,- they all lie !!!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Huntster

NICE!!!! I like that... oh, Did I say I had dumb thumbs? I meant that the cause of the crash was the darn planes fault!!!! That crazy thing was zipping all over the sky trying to accomplish who knows what........ ;-) Heck YEAH!!!! It was ALL those thumbs fault BUT the Brain made them do it!!! :-D

Old 09-29-2008, 01:12 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Pensacola is a modelers mecca.
4 different hobby shops including Radio South, 7 flying fields, and even weekly indoor flying.
Blue Angel Rec Park is probably the largest field. They also have Fritz field which is really nice.