Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

reason # 84 why i crashed my plane

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

reason # 84 why i crashed my plane

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Capt. Rich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reason # 84 why i crashed my plane

this is a true story that was met with some disbeliefe from club members. one nice afternoon my son and i were flying at our club field. i was flying the most docile aircraft in the world, a dalair sportster a rather large old timer with a 108 inch wing and a huge dihedrial. this plane never glitched befor but this glitch was extra special. total loss of control with odd varing movements. the plane was never found however i had a feeling i knew what had happened. ready for this .... mass corronal ejection 8 minutes befor crash. i had heard the sun was having a bad solar day so i looked at noaa data and found in the sun videos that the sun popped a large solar flare just about 8 minutes befor the crash. usually my son crashes my planes but this time it was really the sun
Old 11-07-2008, 12:43 AM
lejongleur
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: reason # 84 why i crashed my plane

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Yes I DO believe you and let me tell you why my last five crashes were caused by acts of god, termites, bad voodoo, and lipo-seeking missiles hitting my planes !!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Virg.

Reply to lejongleur:

Not surprising that you've had so many crashes! I understand French, and your Member Name tips me that you are a JUGGLER! You should certainly be aware that "What goes up must come down". Were you juggling more than one model in the air at one time? (yuk yuk)
Old 11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Ion01

Sorry but the charged particles from a CME takes longer than 8 minutes to reach the earth. It takes light 8 minutes to reach earth but these particle do not travel at the speed of light and can take a couple days to reach earth and effect us. Although the effects of CMEs are strong enough to effect your radio and even cause huge blackouts I don't think the timing was quite right in this case. You will have to find satelite data which gives the time a CME encountered the earth for starters. I must say though, very creative attempt to explain the problem.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:33 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You flew through an ozone hole and you know it !