Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Death by Cake

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Death by Cake

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:07 AM
whatwind
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death by Cake

About two years ago I was headed out to the field to do some flying before our club metting when I realized the big Lazy bee I was taking had been built 9 years before. As a joke I got a birthday cake for the plane to share after the meeting. Now this LazyBee had been crashed a couple of times . riged to take photos and carry 8 bombs and drop them two at a time. One of my favorite manevure is a tail slide where you point it straght up chop power and let her slide backwards and flip over . I took off did some loops and rolls and a tailslide, just as I leveled out and hit the throtle the rudder started wagging like a puppy dogs tail. I cut power, nonthing. I gave it full up elevator negative function. off she went about 10 feet over the cedars and out of sight. I shut my raido off got out a can of deep woods off and to the sound of laughter set off in search. 400 yards in past the tree line in a clearing I found the wreck. The foam that wraped the battery was still in the nose with the broken rubber bands but the batery was in the tail unpluged of course. How it did'nt clime with all that weight in the tail I will never know . You know who got the blue max. And every one enjoyed the cake. I have ordered the covering and will start the rebuild soon
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17421.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1125517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78536.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	1125518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65046.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	1125519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18406.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	1125520  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Death by Cake

Nice plane and hard to find now. Are you going to document the rebuild here?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:02 AM
whatwind
My Feedback: (1)

Yes I've ordered koverall black and lemon yellow super dope. This will be a good plane to learn this type covering on. I've also re desinged the bomb system and cover how to build that.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:39 PM
racelikustolit3k
My Feedback: (73)

man that is the coolset plane I have ever seen that was one of the first planes I ever saw fly at the tulsa glue dobbers maybe 10-15 years ago I am only 23 so that is awhile back for me hope you get her all fixed up and she lives through a few more b-days good luck man in the mean time I will be looking hard for one of these kits

race