Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

3rd scale 300 thru tree. Kept going!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

3rd scale 300 thru tree. Kept going!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 01:19 PM
ZERODOWN
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd scale 300 thru tree. Kept going!!!

I was at the airport for a little fun fly. I was getting ready to land and I was watching my shadow cast of the tree line knowing I was clear of the trees when I was on my down wind leg. So I turn base going for final looking so pertty. Then my plane vanished behind to trees that where staggered closer in. I went full throttle and straight up. But it was to late I went thru the top of the pine tree. I thought it was gone. But it went straight thru. The prop was split I babied the throttle and got it on in but I hit a small post stub in the ground which ripped the gear out. But most of the damage was just monocoat. It was a nice save. There were even pine bark in the leading edge of the wing. But It lives to fly again.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:55 PM
f2racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd scale 300 thru tree. Kept going!!!

I did something similar with my Avistar. My distance perception must be going or something since I've now treed twice recently. On this occasion I was on down-wind leg of a landing pattern, I've done it many times and usually turn way before the trees on the far side of our field. This time, I'm flying and before I even setup to turn around, CRACK, I knew I hit the tree, but wasn't truly ready for what happened next, the plane came out of the tree in the same place it went in (I swear it musta done a 180 inside the tree somewhere)!!! I kinda get conrol of it, but the plane's lost the vertical slab and rudder (they're dangling by the control rode). The plane deadsticks about a second later and it goes down into some bushes about 100 yards away from the tree that I hit...