RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Crash & Rebuild (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/crash-rebuild-96/)
-   -   Young Pilots Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/crash-rebuild-96/1030447-young-pilots-forum.html)

Cessna26 08-06-2003 06:12 PM

Young Pilots Forum

Being a young pilot my self i was just wondering how many other pilots arounf my age are out there. I am 13 and just curious about the world of flying and RC.

brschmid 08-06-2003 06:27 PM

Young Pilots Forum

i am not as young as you, but i too am considered young compared to others at this site. i am 20 and i love flying, fullscale and r/c

Cessna26 08-06-2003 06:39 PM

Young Pilots Forum

I am also wondering how you other young pilots get the money for your new planes. Right now i am in a money shortage for my new plane.

electricfan 08-06-2003 08:39 PM

Young Pilots Forum

im 14 and i love flying electrics. im saving up to get a glow plane, but itll be a while. if i could get money easily, i would have about a million planes :D btw my dad is getting tired of driving me to the field

Cessna26 08-06-2003 09:04 PM

Young Pilots Forum

electricfan the money thing for me is the same way but my dad sometimes likes taking me to the field because he likes seeing all the planes.

electricfan 08-06-2003 09:07 PM

Young Pilots Forum

my dad doesnt like planes. sometimes my friends dad takes us and we stay a long time because he likes planes too

EagleOne 08-06-2003 09:18 PM

Young Pilots Forum

Well I am 14 and actually I have 2 planes, one in flight conditions and the other is in the last stages of construction. and I have a third being designed.
Mostly my granparents pay for the airplanes and my parents for the maintenance costs (fuel, prop, glow plug, etc, etc, etc)....I guess I am lucky ;)

To go to the field, sometimes my dad takes me, sometimes my mom, or any other person around that can drive me there......;)

rc_boy_12 08-06-2003 11:05 PM

Young Pilots Forum

well, im 14.... good thing my dad likes r/c too or i would be outta buisness.. i fly + pick the planes, he buys them :)

raptor5900 08-06-2003 11:55 PM

Young Pilots Forum

i'm 13 and have about 6 or 7 planes most 1/2 a size but i have 3 bigger plane 2 40 size and 1 90 size i'm going to my first contest soon..............i and my friend have about 5 jobs gets me most of my money.............lawn mowing is the way to go.

BigSTIK40flier 08-07-2003 01:54 AM

Young Pilots Forum

im 15, i have 1 plane, my beloved GP bigstik, on order is that nice little Extra 300S from hobby lobby. gonna goto the kingsbury IMAC next year if they have it. :), btw my stik has been in the repair shop getting a tail dragger remake and some covering touch ups

Cessna26 08-07-2003 02:23 AM

Young Pilots Forum

I just started and have a E-starter but i am working my way up to an Avistar

high in da sky 08-07-2003 03:07 AM

Young Pilots Forum

hey guys im 15 and i have been flying since i was like 11 or 12. I have 4 planes that are flight warthy and many others that i coulds fly if i just pull a reciever out of something else and put it in it. my grandpa always took me flying until he moved then i got a friend into the hobby and my mom and his dad do ways to and from the field. but next summer ill be driving so that will help alot. as far as funding goes. ive paid for just about everything except for my graduation present(rtf .60 plane) birthday present( u can do 46)to help the cost is that ive only crahshed one reall plane everything else has just been spads which dont cost much to begin with. as far as getting money i do any job I can since i cant get a real job so i lawn mow, watch neighbors dog, caddy at local country club.

raptor5900 08-07-2003 11:12 AM

Young Pilots Forum

hey man how does the UCD 46 fly i think i am going to get one for my 3d plane since i like to fly pattern i have a 90 size 3d/pattern plane but i only want to use it for pattern.

Bebop-stick 08-07-2003 01:46 PM

Young Pilots Forum

Hey, Im Chris from NC i am 16 and have been flying for the past 6 years. There is no tellin how many planes i have but i am flyin two planes "CAModels 34% ExtraLx" & "Radiocraft 35% ExtraL" Both fly awesome. The CAModels, Don Kanak sponsored me so i got a good deal on it and the Radiocraft is one that my dad got off rcuniverse.
Flyin RC is what keeps me out of troble and i just love to put on a show.....

Edgeomatic 08-07-2003 02:05 PM

Lucky One

I am 15, and i have a 35% Carden Edge with a DA100, soon to be coming 35% extra 330s, 33% H9 Cap232, and a H9 Funtana. I am very lucky, my sponsor usually pays for everything. (I am sponsored by my dad) I have also been flying for 8 years.

high in da sky 08-07-2003 04:37 PM

Young Pilots Forum

raptor the ucd 46 flew awesome hovered real easy went verticle till you couldnt see it except on its third flight the wing folded but i was able to land and save the fuse. I sent in the wing to gp and i hope they send a new wing but it would be sweet if they send the whole plane, cause then Id buy another wing off towerand then I could have one for practice and another for when I know how to do it good. before the plane flys again its getting all 4 40 rods on it.but to keep me hovering till then I have a magic and a pqhor ready to go.and for my full throttle all the time plane I have a dogfighter.

electricfan 08-07-2003 06:48 PM

Young Pilots Forum

yeah i heard that the ucd 46's are very weak in the wings. like everyone that talks about theirs on this website says the wings fold all the time.
i also wanted to ask for a recommendation on a plane. if i fly full house 4 channel electric profile planes with ease, what should my first glow plane be? i want one thats pretty stable but will do at least basic aerobatics. an avistar maybe?

Cessna26 08-08-2003 12:46 AM

Young Pilots Forum

Ya i would get an avistar.
That is what i am getting. I have an electric plane myself and i am getting and avistar. You are going to need new servos if you have micro servos and four new servos will do. and a four channel to. I would just buy a flight pack with 4 servos, switch, reciever, and battery. You will also need a crystal for the reciever. gas is a little more expensive because you have to get a pump, fuel, and a starter but once you have all that you can use it a planes to come. Just

t_burley 08-08-2003 12:50 AM

Young Pilots Forum

I cant figure out why this is in the crash forum?

Cessna26 08-08-2003 01:16 AM

Young Pilots Forum

burl it is in the crash and <u>discusion</u> forum

Cessna26 08-08-2003 01:20 AM

Young Pilots Forum

electricfan if you end up getting an avistar you can look at one of my other threads of were i was asking for tips on building and flying it. It is called "Advice for building and flying the avistar" just search it and you should find it.

t_burley 08-08-2003 01:22 AM

Young Pilots Forum

Originally posted by Cessna26
burl it is in the crash and <u>discusion</u> forum
I may be 40, but I can see that :D
but I still dont see why it is here, becuase it is a forum about
crashing, and crashing discusions? :p

I would think you guys would get more discussion/help in the
"clubhouse" ? that is my main question? just worried that
you guys congregate in the crash section here :eek:

no harm, no foul, just wondering?

Todd

Cessna26 08-08-2003 01:56 AM

Young Pilots Forum

ya i think you are right i just saw discusion at a glance and thought it was that

Bebop-stick 08-08-2003 02:54 AM

Young Pilots Forum

I think that you should get a Lazer3D they fly so good and easy with a OS70 and there not all that snapy plus they float forever...

Cessna26 08-08-2003 03:07 AM

Young Pilots Forum

ya i agree with bebop i have seen them fly. they are amazing but you might want to try a glow trainer maybe first though.