Community
Search
Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

Battery/charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery/charger

I want to get some good rechargeable AA's for my camera..I wanted to use my Accu-cycle Elite as the charger but am trying to figure out an easy way to hook them up ..I was going to just buy a charger from Radio Shack but our RC chargers must be better than that..The only thing I can come up with is to buy the cheapest charger I can find and solder a new set of ends and then plug it inot the Elite..Any other ideas??
Old 05-09-2006, 01:52 AM
RCFlyer

Default RE: Battery/charger

Hi Josey Wales,

I want to get some good rechargeable AA's for my camera
I bought a Rayovac charger from Wall Mart that charges Nimh and Nicads,
and also the batteries.
That will charge AAA, AA, and 9 volt batteries in one hour.
I bought two sets of the Nimhs for my camera, and I always kept one set
in my camera bag. I have never had any problems not having charged batteries.

I wanted to use my Accu-cycle Elite as the charger but am trying to figure out an easy way to hook them up
You might be able to do it if you can find a battery box that holds the amount of AAs
batteries that you need to charge. Might find one at an Electronic Parts Outlet if you live
in or close to one. I don't if Radio Shack has any, they have stopped caring lot of items
for electronic use.[]

The only thing I can come up with is to buy the cheapest charger I can find and solder a new set of ends and then plug it inot the Elite
I don't believe that would be a good idea due to the charger may not have enough
output(amps and voltage) to drive a charger. That type of charger take a long time
to charge.

The problem with the battery charges we use for r/c use are very sensitive to the wire
length from the charger to the battery pack being charged.

One of my chargers has instructions not to use wires over 8 inches in length because it
would effect the efficiency of the charger.

Maybe you're charger isn't that critical.

Maybe someone else might have a good idea to make it work.

Hoped this helped.

Clarence
Old 05-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: Battery/charger

Thanks! It looks like Ill prolly do what you did and just get a separate charger