Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

Digital Cameras ???????

Old 07-25-2006, 03:04 PM
frumpy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Cameras ???????

Hello people,can anyone reccomend an inexpensive digital camera?Such as what to look for in mega pixels,name brand, etc;?I want to use it to upload pics on this site and ebay. I am lost when it comes to these[sm=confused.gif]
Old 07-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Digital Cameras ???????

Canon, A610 5 mega pixels ,takes good shots at around $185, but Im a confirmed Canon person!!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:40 AM
MrN8

ORIGINAL: andyt

Canon, A610 5 mega pixels ,takes good shots at around $185, but Im a confirmed Canon person!!
You can't go wrong with that camera. It's good excellent optics, 4x Zoom, and a durable body for less than $200. If it says Canon, it's almost always a decent camera, so I've stuck with them since the early days of digital. My old Elph S110 (2.1mp) still takes better pics than the Kodak 5mp camera that my parents and grandparents both picked up.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Also look at the A620 at 7mp as it has dropped in price as well.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:00 PM
jgeck90

i have a FUJI E510 5.2 megapixel camera its awesome never had a problem it just dropped in price from $400 to just a little over $200
Old 08-09-2006, 09:30 AM
marwen1
My Feedback: (6)

Iv'e said it before, and I'll say it again and again. Once you find out the camera you think you want,, go to a PAWN shop. You WILL get the best prices there.

marwen1
Old 12-18-2006, 10:45 PM
goatnick
My Feedback: (11)

Has anyone tried out the Cannon S2-IS or 3-IS , What are the pros and cons,
Thanks Bob
Old 12-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Roquewj
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: goatnick

Has anyone tried out the Cannon S2-IS or 3-IS , What are the pros and cons,
Thanks Bob
Bob,
I have one S2-IS and planning to by the S3-IS as soon as the price comes down a little more.
I love those Canon cameras. I had a S1-IS (now with my son) and have enjoyed it very much, as well.

Would recommend you take a look at [link=http://www.dpreview.com]Digital Photo Review[/link] and at [link=http://www.dcresource.com]Digital Camera Resource[/link].
They do really good reviews on digital cameras and help you to decide.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:47 PM
rmh

S2IS- is simply loaded with usable featuresand once you learn em you can shoot stills --also movies of amazing detail and stereo sound.
My next camera will be the new Rebel 10- but I will keep the S2Is -it is all around, a more usable handy camera.
Not for shooting Photo Review stills but all in all the pick of the litter.
My Nikon film stuff is now just shelf material-along with old bellows cameras
Old 01-28-2007, 09:37 AM
piromaniac193

i got the camera some time ago and do not remember the proce on it but i have the olympus C-8080 wide zoom the camera is amazing 8.0 megapixels and it takes 5 pics in 2 seconds
Old 02-09-2007, 08:39 PM
mikenlapaz

A question about the Canon S2-IS and other similar models. When you go to movie clip mode, do they allow 1) use of the telephoto during the filming? 2) doe the camera do either auto exposure or timing adjustment during the filming?

I have a Canon PowerShot S30 and you are stuck with the lens and exposure the camera picks up on the first frame of a movie clip.

Not a minutes trouble in about 5 years. 3.2 mega pixels and great pictures. I do not need a camera to take pictures of such detail that I could make poster sized print. Would I like one, yes.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Mikke

Hey!
I have a Canon Powershot A620 and a likewise S3IS and both cameras allows the use of zoom while filming. Also four AA rechargable batteries, same for both, which gives looong batterylife.
My battery-seller in Tjeckia sent me a mail yesterday, telling me that in five days AA-batteries with 3200 Mha would be available. Amazing amount of zap they manage to cram into these small batteries! Sorry, I digress, back to cameras. As for extra gadgets, there is a short alu-pipe that can be attatched outside lens, allowing different filters and macro&telelenses to be added. I have found same diameter on pipes for both cameras, thus can I use same macro&telelenses for both cameras. Only complaint regarding A620 is that the automatic lenscover croaked after a week, but it could be just for my camera.....
Otherwise I am delighted with both and recommend them without hesitation!
Mikke
Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 AM
walker46

I have been doing research about digital cameras. I found a site that lists all expert reviews about the different types, (http://www.smartratings.com/photography/digital_cameras). It's best if you need information for certain types of digital cameras.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first review I read appears to be a joke:

Instead, it [the D200] fits into the Nikon DSLR range above the D100 but just below the pair of professional workhorses, the D2h and D2X. This applies to the price as well . . . One surprising omission in this regard is the lack of a seal around the lens mount, as is found on fully professional cameras such as the Canon EOS 1DS MkII.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/digita...Digital-SLR/p1

D200 cost at B&H: Price : $ 1,339.95
D2Xs cost at B&H: Price : $ 4,245.95
MkII at B&H: Price : $ 3,397.95.

My point, the reviewer comments about the price of the Nikon D200 which appears to be one reason he downgraded his evaluation. Since when is $4K+ close to $1,339.95? He further makes another comment about the lack of a seal that is yet on another camera brand almost 2.5x the cost. Meanwhile, the D200 is awarded the 2006 Camera Grand Prix award (the Japanese photo industry’s most prestigious award for a camera).

Additional awards are listed at the following link.
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php...roductNr=25235

Just something to keep in mind for anyone reading "reviews".