Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

VHS-C camcorder

Old 08-03-2005, 11:54 AM
extratorker
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VHS-C camcorder

I was getting ready to buy a dv camcorder but found this thing in my closet. used it one time and it seems a shame I couldnt use it for videos. Is there any way to transfer this type to my computer?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:48 PM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: VHS-C camcorder

Sure with a converter box OR if you do buy a DV camcorder you can run it to the video jacks on it, then run the from the DV camcoder to the computer via Firewire or USB2. I would suggest the latter because you can buy a cheap DV camcoder for about what it costs for a converter box.

My 2 cents.

Find cheap DV camcorders here
Old 08-05-2005, 01:11 AM
RCFlyer

Extratorker

Go to pinnaclesys.com, then from Studio go to select a product.

They have a AV_DV PCI capture board with analog and digital I/O with Studio 9 editing software for $80.

Also there is a MovieBox DV video device with Studio 9 editing software connects to the IEEE 1394 port, or one for USB port for $200

I'm useing a LINX USB for analog from Pinnacle that has been discontinued that works great.

If you do get another camcorder. Get a digital lot better than analog.

Hope this helps
Old 08-31-2005, 05:35 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

i'm kinda having the same problem. the computer has Windows Media Center 2005 on it. it doesn't have an input for an
S-Video. does anyone make an adapter to convert the S cable to an USB, Firewire, or a singe input jack? thanks.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:18 PM
extratorker
My Feedback: (8)

I bit the bullet and ended up buying a panasonic pv-gs250. Very happy with the camera.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:06 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

hey, i found some S Video to USB adapters online. 69 to 99 bucks. this will work so that i can get all my tapes to digital. then i'll break down and get a new camera.