Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

How to Post Video On You Tube

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:47 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to Post Video On You Tube

Hey guys I was wondering what affordable cam corder would be a good one that would be compatible with Windows Vista and also what are good free editing programs that I can use in order to get my videos on YouTube. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Please I need help in this matter since I am completly ileterate when it comes to this stuff. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:34 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: How to Post Video On You Tube

If you have Vista, you have "Windows Movie Maker" which can be used to download and edit videos.

Just about any camcorder you buy nowadays will be able to attach to your computer.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:31 PM
quietnas1

Ok cool. I have an older cam corder that uses the 8mm tape but has a spot for an sd card. I recorded video on the card but the computer did not recognize the cam corder. I guess I need to get a new one. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 PM
MinnFlyer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Open Movie Maker and see if it recognizes the camera
Old 04-17-2009, 11:25 PM
quietnas1

Ok I will give it a try with Movie Maker. It was able to recognize it to transfer pics I had on the sd card but it would not open the video. But then again I didn't use movie maker. I will give it a try for sure and see what gives.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:45 PM
quietnas1

First thank you for all your help. I opened movie maker and it was not able to find the cam corder. I took the SD card out and placed it in the computer cuz it has a slot for an SD card and it came up as an AVI file. I opened it with Windos Media Player and all I had was audio but no video. So I tried transfering it to movie maker and again had audio but no video. Please help. Thank you again in advance.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes...please help me also. Thanks capt,n
Old 05-16-2019, 03:34 AM
Roker36

For the new business owners there is nothing much more beneficial than the online marketing strategies because they are very effective and affordable as well. I am also very satisfied with the experts services for social media and Google Adwords Campaign Management that I have hired for my new brand.
The following users liked this post:
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 02:08 AM
Edward Simpson

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). It is free and open-source software for video recording and live streaming. Stream to Twitch, YouTube, and many other providers.

Old 12-13-2020, 08:30 AM
Thomaslit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -

Very new at this stuff as you will be able to tell I have recently downloaded some movies from the Internet various formats...AVI, MPG, etc. I am using Nero as my software....how do I get the movies from my hard drive to play on a DVD player I have hooked up to the TV. I have tried just burning it to a disk and nothing plays. Do I need some other software or am I just doing it all wrong?

Thanks for any help
Old 08-20-2021, 02:45 PM
thomb81

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To create playable DVDs from video files you need other software. They are called DVD authoring software, and are able to create the DVD format players expect. Not many free alternatives exist, and some of the free ones can be a bit shady.

These days I just prefer connecting my computer to the TV and play both video files and online videos directly from there.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:15 AM
mechamancer

Originally Posted by thomb81
To create playable DVDs from video files you need other software. They are called DVD authoring software, and are able to create the DVD format players expect. Not many free alternatives exist, and some of the free ones can be a bit shady.

These days I just prefer connecting my computer to the TV and play both video files and online videos directly from there.
I believe the author has already found an answer since it was almost a year ago, thomb81.
Still, the same goes for me. Direct connection is much easier, plus, it's less shady than creating unofficial dvd's.
Old 08-27-2021, 03:14 AM
thomb81

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mechamancer
I believe the author has already found an answer since it was almost a year ago, thomb81.
Yeah I agree, the author probably did. Normally I don't dig up old threads, but this section of the forum didn't have a lot of active threads and it was still one of the most recent ones. I thought it was worth answering, in case others read it and wondered about the same thing. Nothing more annoying than googling for answers and just finding your own question unanswered

I could add that when creating playable DVDs, one step is to define the main menu of the DVD. DVD authoring software guides you through this process as well. Just to illustrate that playable DVDs contain more than just the video clips themselves.

The following users liked this post:
mechamancer (08-29-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 08:19 AM
Luci93

Just make sure that you do not use forbidden music. Otherwise, Youtube will just block your vid and that's it...
Old 04-21-2022, 09:36 AM
turbinefancy

By forbidden music, do you mean copyrighted music?
I am not familiar with forbidden music. But if one uploads a video with music from well known artist, YouTube might issue a strike against you. And three strikes you are out. Or they might issue a copyright claim, which means any ad revenue generated with the video would not be shared with you but with the music copyright owner.