Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Controller/Transmitter attachment

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Controller/Transmitter attachment

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 07:34 PM
HELLFIGHTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Controller/Transmitter attachment

QUESTION, I have been thinking about purchasing one of the draganflyers but I am going to put on a better camera then that dinky 50mv one. I know the one I want to get can handle 6-8 ounces of wieght and Im researching the possible combination of camera parts. The question is if there is a way to hook up an external antena to my Uhaul or house and connect it to the controler so that being inside will not effect its range. My plan is to have a flyer outfited with great camera so I may fly and record from a monitor. I would appreciate the help.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Sky High

Default RE: Controller/Transmitter attachment

Howdy Hellfighter. Which DF are you going to get? The DF V Ti Pro can definitely tote 4-6 oz.+. I've got all kinds of stuff hanging on mine right now that I know slightly exceeds those figures and I still get 13-15 minutes of flight time with this load. It's important to know that I am only flying slow and mostly hovering. I'm sure agressive flying and fighting a slight wind will cut a minute or two off that time. What kind of camera are you thinking of putting on it? The reason I ask is because DFI is just about to release a whole new system including a new stabilizing mount and high quality CCD camera comparable to DV resolution of 480 lines. I can't go into great detail right now but I have been testing it for them over the past two weeks and can tell you that it works very well. The camera also features a white balance switch to maintain the correct color temperature which keeps all the colors correct and stable.

There are transmitters that you can order with BNC type connectors, instead of telescoping, that can connect to coax cable for your application. I recently used a HiTech Laser 6 with a BNC connector and a 12" high gain rubber ducky. So you could just get a coax cable terminated to a BNC and connect to your external antennas. I guess you would have to test for any possible signal loss in that cable run though.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Blackdragan

Sky High,

The below statement from your previous post caught my attenion. Please wet our appeites a little more by sharing a few more details about this new video system. When is it going to be released? Any information you can share will greatly be appreciated! Thanks.

[quote]ORIGINAL: Sky High
DFI is just about to release a whole new system including a new stabilizing mount and high quality CCD camera comparable to DV resolution of 480 lines. I can't go into great detail right now but I have been testing it for them over the past two weeks and can tell you that it works very well. The camera also features a white balance switch to maintain the correct color temperature which keeps all the colors correct and stable.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:32 AM
Sky High

Blackdragan, I really shouldn't have said what I did but I just don't want someone to go and spend alot of money on trying to improve the current hardware when a great new turnkey system is just about to be released. I would want someone that knew more to do the same for me. I cannot go into any specific details about the system and I really and truly don't know the exact release date but it is definitely irresistably close! I want the new gear too so I am just as anxious as anyone. I am testing the prototype, which is an unrefined version as most are, because I work in the broadcast television industry and have many potential uses for it. I will be posting some incredible demo videos using this new system soon. Do you have or are you going to get a DF?
Old 01-12-2006, 04:42 PM
HELLFIGHTER

I am going to get the Draganflyer IV but not for at least 5 months. I am assumeing you cant be to specific but can you tell me the kind of range and also, do they need someone to do alternative testing, hint hint, because I can help out. So is it an intire system or what? thanks for the heads up by the way. I am actually going to blackwidow to get a better cam then what dragonfly offers. does anyone happen to know the range on the Draganflyer IV? do you know where I can get the BNC connector, like a link?
Old 01-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Sky High

I cannot stress to you enough how important it is to have the Ti option if you want to be up and flying faster. You can always switch it off to fly totally manual. If it wasn't for Ti, I wouldn't be able to fly this thing, at least as fast as I learned and for what I do.

ORIGINAL: HELLFIGHTER

I am actually going to blackwidow to get a better cam then what dragonfly offers.
I think Black Widow has great products from what I've seen but I wouldn't do that just yet if I were you. As far as I know, they don't have one that can be white balanced.

ORIGINAL: HELLFIGHTER

Do you know where I can get the BNC connector, like a link?
The BNC connector is built in to the transmitter for the high gain 12" rubber ducky. Call DFI or HiTech about it. Maybe there's a way to retrofit a transmitter. You can get all kinds of custom connectors at Markertek and B&H.

www.markertek.com

www.bhphoto.com

Old 01-12-2006, 05:07 PM
HELLFIGHTER

Do you know the potential range of the new video system?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Sky High

The video system is like many other high end systems as far as specifications but the way that it is integrated into the airframe is really unique. If you wait for 5 months like you said, you may get a system 3 generations from this one with the way technology is evolving.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Phodel

Sky:

Are you referring to the eyecam extreme package? It does have 460 lines of resolution on a single CCD processor. Not sure about the white balance.

Phodel
Old 01-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: Phodel

Sky:

Are you referring to the eyecam extreme package? It does have 460 lines of resolution on a single CCD processor. Not sure about the white balance.

Phodel
I haven't ever seen the camera used with the Extreme package so I don't know if it's the same. This new camera is different because it has the ability to be white balanced. The new system does use some components from the Eyecam Extreme system such as the flat patch antennas. The new system also uses a diversity receiver. That's about all I can say right now. I am able to discuss what I have because this technology is nothing new but has been significantly improved and streamlined for portability.

Note: If there's any more talk about the video hardware could we please direct it to this dedicated thread. Thanks!!
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3679069/tm.htm
Old 01-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Phodel

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

Note: If there's any more talk about the video hardware could we please direct it to this dedicated thread. Thanks!!
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3679069/tm.htm
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Sky:

Relax..........Your the one that brought up the video stuff that enticed everyone to this forum!

LOL
Old 01-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: Phodel

Sky:

Relax..........Your the one that brought up the video stuff that enticed everyone to this forum!
Don't you mean thread? And, HELLFIGHTER brought up the video part then we all started talking more about the video........ It could have sounded a bit forceful but that wasn't the intent. Just trying to help keep things organized.