Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Dealing with DraganFly Innov - like wading through treacle/Syrup/sticky stuff?

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Dealing with DraganFly Innov - like wading through treacle/Syrup/sticky stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 07:12 AM
netsmithuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealing with DraganFly Innov - like wading through treacle/Syrup/sticky stuff?

Hi All

just checking wether its just me or if its there standard way of doing business. I'm based in the UK and a couple of weeks ago I made the decision to buy some sort of flying type device, because of my interest in video the DraganFly was an obvious choice. So I emailed them a couple of questions as they offer soooo many permutations and combinations of kits and cameras.

Since then its been like pulling teeth. I email them three questions after 48-72hrs they get back to me and answer one (usually badley) There answers just make me ask more questions and we go around in circles until I can't take any more and I give up. The problem is I'm am genuinely interested so eventually I ask again just thinking I might have been unlucky the first time and it starts all over again Aaaaargh. Unbelievable really when you are talking about a prospective buyer giving you $1500+

They have taken so long I got lucky and found a DF V Ti Pro available in the UK and a great price with loads of extras via ebay. Result. So they lost that part of their sale.

Still I'm still interested in the video system, but from what I can make out they offer 3 different camera types, 2 mounting systems and then an extra circuit board for even better pictures. The differences between them all price wise adds up to hundreds of $$$$ So I ask them what the difference is, in particular I want to see comparision videos made with the different setups as at the end of the day you can then pick the one that suits you. At this point they always just go quiet. Best I've had from them so far is that they have confirmed all their demo videos have been taken with the latest greatest version which I think is boarding on dishonest as no matter which product you are looking at on their site, all the video links take you to the same videos - I'd imagine you would be pretty annoyed to buy the basic model and find the vids are not as good as the ones you've been offered as 'demos'

Can anyone here help me out?

Is their fancy floating arm mount, much better than the one that attaches to the frame? How about if you make some of the mods that people have listed here?
What about when you introduce the noise surpressing circuit board into the mix how much 'real world' difference does that make? Again before and after vids would be great and a very simple way to answer the questions which I would have expected them to have.

lol - all of this is a bit immaterial at the moment as I'm still at the practicing my hovering stage. Baby steps.

Cheers
Chris
Old 04-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Sky High

Default RE: Dealing with DraganFly Innov - like wading through treacle?

What is treacle?
Old 04-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Koop

Sky High,
I was wondering the same thing and MS Encarta states:

Treacle Definition: 1. something cloying: something cloying or excessively sentimental

I love definitions that give me another word I have to look up!!!

Cloying or cloy Definition:weary with excess: to sicken somebody or become sickened with too much sweetness from something initially pleasing

I'm still not sure what it means exactly, but I'm sure it has some relation [&:]

Koop
Old 04-28-2006, 12:58 AM
targit

From [link=http://australian-food.com/cooking/treacle.html]here[/link]

Treacle - A concentrated, refined sugar syrup with a distinctive flavour and dark black colour

Molasses - By-product of the milling process usually used in animal feeds or for fermentation in Australia, also used by Americans for cooking

Old 04-28-2006, 02:17 AM
netsmithuk

LOL - sorry for the UK speak.

Its basically thick sticky stuff - the idea being if you had to wade through it waist deep it would be very hard work.

So, about these comparison videos - can anyone help out?

Cheers
Chris
Old 04-28-2006, 02:25 AM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: netsmithuk

LOL - sorry for the UK speak.

Chris
Yep, you tea bags always have to have a different name for everything.

Here is a link with videos with the lowest end camera to the newer camera mount. Everything from Staples and beyond is using the new system. You'll see the difference in quality right away.

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3675858/tm.htm
Old 04-28-2006, 03:21 AM
netsmithuk

Great thanks. Are those taken with the different cameras but using the same mount system? Or are the later ones using that floating ball arm?

I'm also interested in the noise reduction circuit - its quite a big investment, just trying to guage its worth to me.

Cheers
Chris
Old 05-21-2006, 06:40 PM
threedi

Hi NetsmithUK.
Go for the best camera they do 2.4ghz anything else will be rubbish. As for vibration, check out the other threads, there are some work arounds. YOu would do better looking at Black Widow for camera gear, RC Toys sell the same if not inferior gear at a much higher price. They have a good product in the DF but they are a bit of a rip off company. The DF hardware is made by Spectrolutions, check them out for repairs and upgrades. Don't spend any more time trying to get any help from the monkeys in Canada.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Dirk Schooner

Default RE: Dealing with DraganFly Innov - like wading through treacle/Syrup/sticky stuff?

Netsmith,

You seem to have had the same problems with rctoys as me. Don't they like us brittish for some reason? I am planning on fitting my own camera/mount system, I have the parts but am still waiting for heli parts before I can fly. (it shipped without baseplate, crash kit, heat sinks and the 'wrong' battery). + I need a lot of practice before I attach anything to it. I had no choice but to buy from Canada as could not find one in UK. paid $140 shipping + $170 VAT too!

I plan to keep using this forum, it's good to know you're not alone.

Probably maple syrup.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:19 AM
KMC

Default RE: Dealing with DraganFly Innov - like wading through treacle/Syrup/sticky stuff?

hi all
new here
im in the uk and just got a savs version
the transmitter had been damaged in transit so i got on the phone
spoke to a great woman called anna
she promptly despatched a new transmitter and i tracked it its in transit and should be here any day now
just over a week same as my delivery time for the initial order
had no problems with them at all
kmc
Old 09-18-2006, 06:21 AM
KMC

hi all
new here
im in the uk and just got a savs version
the transmitter had been damaged in transit so i got on the phone
spoke to a great woman called anna
she promptly despatched a new transmitter and i tracked it its in transit and should be here any day now
just over a week same as my delivery time for the initial order
had no problems with them at all
kmc
Old 04-03-2007, 04:08 PM
cloudcuckooland

Any updates on these stories?

I am in the UK too and don't want to repeat any of the above nightmares.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Fesfly

Everything is subjective - I don't think DF is a bad company to deal with at all. While there are people posting in this thread that they have had issues - there are several posts in this forum saying the opposite - it is not too often that those without issues or great experiences have a reason to post about that great service. DFI is very quick and helpful.

The only issues I have had are with Canada post and their inconsistent delivery schedules. Any DF issues or questions were handled promptly and with great service.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:29 PM
SAVS

ORIGINAL: Fesfly

Everything is subjective - I don't think DF is a bad company to deal with at all. While there are people posting in this thread that they have had issues - there are several posts in this forum saying the opposite - it is not too often that those without issues or great experiences have a reason to post about that great service. DFI is very quick and helpful.

The only issues I have had are with Canada post and their inconsistent delivery schedules. Any DF issues or questions were handled promptly and with great service.
I would 2nd that, great service! The unit does what they say and are very knowledgeable and helpful (and busy!)
Old 04-04-2007, 12:15 AM
cloudcuckooland

ok, Thanks for the encouraging replies, guys.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:16 AM
techrtr

I've had nothing but great service from Draganfly Innovations. Once I placed a phone order and the parts arrived the next day. It helps that I'm in Canada, but that's still pretty unprecedented.