Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
 DF camera mount - latest attempt >

DF camera mount - latest attempt

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

DF camera mount - latest attempt

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF camera mount - latest attempt

We still haven't had great weather to try any outdoor flying. I managed to get a little in today (-10C) and had a minor crashed while trying to show the DF off (I had two solid flights just before the demo.......). My left motor glitched a few times making me a bit nervous to fly to high. I didn't have enough battery power with me to do more. Could not get Ti to give me any green lights, it was overcast and dark with snow on the ground, so I took some video anyway nothing spectacular. Instead of the short video I decided to put it together with some of my previous attempts to make it a little more entertaining than listening to the DF motors. Editing, yet another tanget to this hobby.

Sorry it is 15Mb and no editing other than joining the bits and pieces and when I tried compressing further Windows did strange things to it.

http://vssi.ca/dfvideo/dflatest.wmv
Old 01-14-2007, 08:43 PM

Default RE: DF camera mount - latest attempt

I like the levity in your directing! It's great when we can laugh at ourselves once in a while...Denny

SAVS - Still Attempting Video Stability
Old 01-14-2007, 09:32 PM

Thanks Denny,

I am just so anxious to get a nice day to try Ti out and have a long flight. It is too hard to get any altitdue an maintain sanity without it. I noticed something today in the midst of all the white clouds and snow - with the DF canopy painted black it was harder to tell if it is pitching forward or back until it was usually to late. I think I need to paint the rotors and ditch the decals - which look nice but are useless.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:30 PM

I have a hard time seeing and being confident that I know where the DF is pointing regardless of the Ti. That is where the battery tongue comes in handy with the SAVS. I can see that thing from a good distance and it should always be in the back. The Eyewear also helps by just glancing at the monitor while looking at the position of the tongue. Now if I could just get it back from DFI so I could take advantage of the nice weather we are having. 70's and sunny, but a bit breezy.