Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Red LED on top - what is it?

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Red LED on top - what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:47 PM
geoffff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red LED on top - what is it?

My Draganfly spazzed out today (went into a crazy oscillation) just above my house, and smacked into my roof upside down. Now it behaves like my transmitter radio is turned off -- after I press the reset button, the rotors turn randomly/sporadically on and off. I found a broken solder joint on one of the IR sensors... fixed. I also noticed that the red LED on top got smashed off, in a way I can't solder it back on. (Amazingly I found the LED on the ground.)

Does anyone know what type of LED it is? What part #, or at least voltage, current? I assume it's nothing special. [link=http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-parts/DF-REDLED/RC-PARTS-DRAGANFLYER-ELECTRONICS.html]rctoys.com is out of stock for this part[/link], and it seems silly for me to order a single LED shipped from Canada.

-- Geoff
Old 08-02-2007, 09:14 PM
BB_DF

Default RE: Red LED on top - what is it?

Geoff,
You might go to Radio Shack and buy a plain-jane red low intensity LED. They all run in the ballpark of 25 mA. Figure out which pad on the board is positive, and the longer leg of the LED is positive. Once you've identified the pos leg of the LED and connection on the board, trim the LED legs even, turn on the DF, and carefully touch the proper LED legs to the PC board connections for a few seconds. If the LED seems to be behaving properly and doesn't look too bright or too dim, and doesn't feel warm, I think you'd be safe to power down and solder it on. The reason is all LEDs of that type run about the same current, and the exact rating is not critical. You can't hurt the board unless you short it out.

Cheers,
Bruce
Old 08-03-2007, 01:29 AM
geoffff

Thanks! That's what I needed to hear.
-- Geoff
Old 08-15-2007, 06:21 AM
xstranger

ORIGINAL: geoffff

My Draganfly spazzed out today (went into a crazy oscillation) just above my house, and smacked into my roof upside down. Now it behaves like my transmitter radio is turned off -- after I press the reset button, the rotors turn randomly/sporadically on and off. I found a broken solder joint on one of the IR sensors... fixed. I also noticed that the red LED on top got smashed off, in a way I can't solder it back on. (Amazingly I found the LED on the ground.)

Does anyone know what type of LED it is? What part #, or at least voltage, current? I assume it's nothing special. [link=http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-parts/DF-REDLED/RC-PARTS-DRAGANFLYER-ELECTRONICS.html]rctoys.com is out of stock for this part[/link], and it seems silly for me to order a single LED shipped from Canada.

-- Geoff
I have the same problem,my Walkera 7 CH Dragonfly 35#C got craizy. I can`t control it....what to do....i don`t know how to reset it...
Old 08-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Dirk Schooner

ORIGINAL: xstranger
I have the same problem,my Walkera 7 CH Dragonfly 35#C got craizy. I can`t control it....what to do....i don`t know how to reset it...
Perhaps try a different thread, and check the spelling of 'Draganfly'
Old 08-15-2007, 07:34 AM
xstranger

Thanks for your answer.
Can you be more specific,i am new in this hobby and i don`t know what you mean.
Best regards
Old 08-15-2007, 09:24 AM
techrtr

You're on the wrong board. This is the Draganfly board, you're looking for the Walkera Dragonfly board.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_405/tt.htm