Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
 Uncontrollable Left Spin >

Uncontrollable Left Spin

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Uncontrollable Left Spin

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uncontrollable Left Spin

Today after having one of by best flights yet, my Draganflyer spins hard to the left. With the trim full right and the stick full right, it barley holds straight. I did stall it in the grass towards the end of my flight, but it did not get damaged orblow the fuse. Could this be gyro related?

Keith
Old 10-16-2007, 10:40 AM

Default RE: Uncontrollable Left Spin

I wanted to elaborate on my issue a little. All four rotors spin at the same rpm through the first 5% of the throttle. After that, the front and rear rotors stop except for a few jerks. They start to spin again at abut 85% throttle. This happens with TI on and off. Any suggestions?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:31 AM

Hi Keith,

The yaw gyro would probably be a good guess. I understand that there are often problems with the connections between the horizontal, and vertical board. The yaw gyro is on the vertical board, and it's signal must get down to the controller on the horizontal board. You might try holding the DF at a normal throttle setting, then gently wiggle the vertical board side to side. If there's a loose connection, perhaps that will cause the problem to come and go. If it's that simple, then re-soldering the connections between the two boards would be the next step.

Worst case, you'd have to send the board to Spectrolutions, and they'll fix it for a flat fee ($55 for the DF-V and $50 for all others). They throw in a set of blades as well. If you do have to send it, try to video the problem and send the video on a CD. This will really help them, especially if the problem is intermittent, and they can't recreate it.

Good Luck,
Rusty
Old 10-21-2007, 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: cablek

Today after having one of by best flights yet, my Draganflyer spins hard to the left. With the trim full right and the stick full right, it barley holds straight. I did stall it in the grass towards the end of my flight, but it did not get damaged orblow the fuse. Could this be gyro related?

Keith

This post works out well for me too.

I flew mine with no problems for one battery today and on the second battery I barely tapped the wall with the blade of the right motor and since it was only less than a foot off the ground, it didn't even land hard or anything. and the hit on the wall with the blade was just a slight graze, not a solid hit.

But after that, it does like you say. All it wants to do now is yaw counter-clockwise.

I removed each blade and its gear and made sure all were cleaned and the bearings lubed and all were spinning on the bearings just fine. But when I put it together it didn't make any difference. All it wants to do now is spin like a top on the floor.

so, unless someone here has a better idea, I guess I will also have to video the dance and send the board(s) to Mike at Spectrolutions.....

HOW do they want the boards shipped? Do you do a full disassembly and just send the top boards?

Thanks to all for input!

Ed[8D]
Old 10-22-2007, 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: FL_PI

so, unless someone here has a better idea, I guess I will also have to video the dance and send the board(s) to Mike at Spectrolutions.....

HOW do they want the boards shipped? Do you do a full disassembly and just send the top boards?
Hi Ed,

They just want the main board, and that's all. If they don't find a problem, and think your description of the problem could be something caused by the frame (motors, wires, etc), they'll probably call you to ask about it, so make sure you put your phone number in the info.

Good luck,
Rusty

Old 02-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Hey Guys,
Mine is doing the same thing Now I got it back from Spectrolutions on Friday for other issues. It was working great. I ran about twelve batteries in hover over two days over a piece of10X10 shag carpet in my garage no crashes. When I went to run the 13th battery this thing just went into a counter clockwise spin no matter the trim adjustments. It will slightly hover if I trottle up yaw full right. But its a jerky motion thats with the yaw trim totally to the right 120. What was the fix for your issue. Was it the Yaw gyro ? I reflowed all connector solder joints and inspected all componets with a lighted scope.To no avail. Anyone know if the gyro can be bought at a electronics store.
Thanks
Lusetti
Old 02-25-2008, 08:51 AM

Yes it was the YAW gyro. Send mike an email. Considering the fact that you just got it back, he may cut you a break on the repair.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:53 PM

Thanks for the reply ........
Mike said to mail it in he will repair free of charge.