Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Should I be concerned?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 09:24 PM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I be concerned?

I am concerned at the difference in size of the exhaust port on the os 1.08 and the inlet on the turbojett muffler. It is about half the size. The engine is shown with the os supplied muffler adapter. The adaptor is needed to get the TJ muffler to extend beyond the engine mounting lug. The muffler is inscribed for .91 and 1.08 FSR. Is this a problem or as it should be?
Thanks in advance for your help...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	45087_4188.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	28023  
Old 01-05-2003, 04:00 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I be concerned?

Hi, thanks for writing.

I should post this in the FAQ section. We get this question a lot.

The relative port openings on the engine and muffler will not affect performance. Most engine exhaust ports (in the case) are much larger than they need to be, mainly to save a bit of weight and material.

No need for concern. The engine and muffler comination will operate quite well

If I recall, however, the TJ mount is designed to bolt directly to the engine case (no OS adapter). So the issue here may be if the muffler can attach to the OS muffler adapter, or in some other way provide additional spacing for your installation. I am not 100% sure on this, but from looking at the image I do not think the TJ you have in hand will match the muffler attach bolt holes on the OS adapter.

Contact Dub directly at [email protected] and he can resolve any issues. He also can provide standoff - spacers if required for a specific installation.

Bob Brassell