Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

ESC Help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 12:05 PM
jamie21
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Help please

hey guys..got my first electric plane. 10 hours and $600 later, my eflite Bonanza is completely assmebled. Charged the 11.1 Lipo, connected it to my 40amp switchmode ESC by eflite.i got a random series of noises/tones but im unable to get the motor to spin. The instructions say the throttle needs to be at zero for at least a second before being powered up. still NOTHING..Theres a whole page of tiny print about programming options that i'll need to pull my magnifying glass out for.. but i'm not even trying to program anything. Im just trying to get the damn motor to spin. am i over looking something? all my connections are good, battery fully charged, all brand new electronics. i just dont get it. so frustrating! I'd appreciate any suggestions or info!
Old 05-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: ESC Help please

Do the servos work? What Tx do you have... if it is Futaba you'll need to reverse the throttle servo. I am not familiar with that ESC, but some need to start at zero throttle, go to WOT, then back to zero before they will arm.

From the E-flite site: "Safe power-arm mode prevents accidental starts"
Old 05-28-2011, 08:01 PM
jamie21
My Feedback: (2)

yes, all the servos work. The radio is a Futaba T6EX 2.4. and i did reverse throttle. The esc is making all kinds of loud tones and i did get the motor to spin in short spurts.(literally a second or two then stops) Something is really out of whack on this thing. There is lots of programing options on this esc but i wouldnt need to program it just to get the motor to spin would I?
Old 05-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Dr Kiwi

Using the 40-Amp Pro Switch-mode BEC Brushless Controller
This controller is very simple to use, and for safety, will not arm the motor until the throttle stick has been held in the Idle/Off position for more than 1 second. The controller will indicate the soft cutoff voltage setting every time you plug the battery in by first emitting a low, long tone, to indicate startup. Depending on the selected cutoff voltage (default is 70%), you will then hear the respective number of medium length mid tones to indicate the cell count or a musical tone for the 70% cutoff, helping you to confirm the setting before every flight.

Is your throttle trim at zero? Maybe it is not detecting the Idle/Off.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:23 PM
CBM Racing

There is some reading involved, what is the problem...? Dude, if ya can't read the instructions, will ya be able to fly the plane? Jebus Cripes! No wonder I aint been here in a year or so, sheesh!
Oh, if you can read, there is no "random series of beeps". READ the daggum info INCLUDED with the model! 600$ out the door, but I can't be bothereds to read what comes with it...For that money you better learn to follow the instructions or be prepared with a good reason not to! "Well, my car quit running because I didn't know what the low oil level light meant." See any difference? Me niether. E-flight/horizon hobby is dang near foolproof, but I guess not quite eh?
Old 11-18-2011, 08:30 PM
straitnickel

Dr Kiwi
i'm looking for help with a hacker motor you want to help