Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Accu-Cycle Elite Lipo Settings

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Accu-Cycle Elite Lipo Settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 09:07 PM
grind2tenths
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accu-Cycle Elite Lipo Settings

I just got into electric foamie flying and I have a question concerning charger settings. I am using Duralite Thunder Plus Li-PO batteries and charging them with one of the new Hobbico Accu-Cycle Elite chargers. The batteries are 1320 mah 11.1 volts. When I set up the charger for the first time that I charged them I let the charger set the charge rate (.30 A). Is this right or can I go to .70 A or higher. Help me out guys I don't want to cook batteries or mess something up on the charger.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Accu-Cycle Elite Lipo Settings

The correct answer is located in the instructions that came with the batteries, but typically, LiPoly batteries can be charged at 1C, but no more than that. C is the Capacity of the pack in Amps. A 1320mAh pack will have a C value of 1.320 Amps, for example. 1C on a 1320mAh pack is 1.320 Amps.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:33 PM
grind2tenths
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Accu-Cycle Elite Lipo Settings

Thanks! That is what I thought but I wanted to be sure. I charged them at .70A last night and they appeared to be fine. I will bump it on up to 1.3 and let the Charge Safe take care of the rest. Thanks Again. Grind