Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

New low cost BL ESC available

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

New low cost BL ESC available

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 03:50 PM
gravityrules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New low cost BL ESC available

I don't know if this has been posted already here, but the new E-Flite brushless ESCs are available. I picked up a 20A unit today at my LHS for a bit over $40. There is a very informative thread on these at rcgroup (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309113). Now I can justify buying more planes!
Old 01-11-2005, 05:41 PM
gravityrules

Default RE: New low cost BL ESC available

Update on the E-Flite ESC. It's pretty much plug and fly operationally. A potential downside is that the motor leads plug directly into the ESC which requires that the ESC be pretty close to the motor without modification. Today flew with 8 cell NiMH battery and Himax outrunner. Worked fine. I plan to test with LiPo in the next few days, but it claims to autodetect cell count and set LVC accordingly.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:49 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

what himaxx motor you using??...and on whatt type plane...
Old 01-11-2005, 11:07 PM
gravityrules

Using a 2808-0980 on a Graupner Stinson that I pulled from the scrap box. All epoxied and glassed from multiple crashes, I was gonna just throw it away, but I wanted to test the new ESC, had a few extra servos around and a little basswood to make a motor mount, soldered some extra Deans Ultras on the ESC and an old 8.4 Aerobird battery I found in a box of junk. Slapped it all together and, by gosh, the damn thing flies and flies well! Flight of the Phoenix!