Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

thunder-power li-po question

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

thunder-power li-po question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 03:43 PM
dtalican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder-power li-po question

Hi all,

I am new to electrics but I have read so many forums before made up my setup. so my initial setup;

Tensor 4d
E-flite outrunner 1080 kv
E-flite 20 amp esc
thunder power 3c 730 mA li-po
apc 10*3.8

I bought 2 of these batteries and one of them has now problems after the firs flight.I think one of the three cells had been damaged.Because when I connect to battery to my li-po charger (thunder power tp-425) 2 cell and 3 cell leds are lighting one and after.And it willl not charge the battery.I also tried to charge with an apache charger it gave an error signal.

I wonder what was happened to battery.I think ı did not do anything wrong because the esc has a auto cut voltage detector.

Please help me not t waste this pack.Because I live in Turkey and sending this battery back to Horizon Hobby will cost me more than buy an other.

ıs there also have a chance to reduce 3cells to 2 cell by eliminating the damaged cell?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:43 PM
IMAC781
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: thunder-power li-po question

Hi Dtalican,
If one battery does something different it is defective and dangerous. Here is the webste for Ankara battery vendor who may be able to supply reasonable priced replacement or know some vendor who can. Do not try to charge or modify a bad li-po battery. You will start a fire.
Good luck,
Chris Hogan
Miami, FL USA

http://www.e-elektronikci.com/