Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
 Charging and set up question for park flier! >

Charging and set up question for park flier!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Charging and set up question for park flier!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging and set up question for park flier!

Hi all, Im getting a new park flier set up because I am getting tired of waiting to fly. haha any way here is my setup so far. 4 channel reciever GWS Pico, 4 channel airplane, rudder, elevator, aileron, all with GWS Pico servos and speed controller for the electric motor. My question is: Do I just charge the battery as normal thou the micro switch if my battery is going to be plugged into the speed controller and then the speed controller on the battery/channel port on the reciever? What is the best way to set this up? I have a general idea but need some assistance here. The motor is 280 size if that helps. I also have a very slim idea on what size battery to use but maybe i could use some pointers on this as well.

Thanks to all
Jon
Old 02-09-2006, 09:52 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Charging and set up question for park flier!

I would pull the battery out and charge it. Battery size depends on many different factors.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:20 PM

I also recommend disconnecting the battery and removing it from the plane to charge it. For me , it's a matter of safety, since batteries occasionally fail and overheat while being charged, and I would not want a plane damaged by a hot battery.

- Jeff
Old 02-11-2006, 01:17 AM

Thanks guys! I think im just going to plug my battery directly into my speed control and my speed control directly into the reciever. No switch. And im going to to have 2 or 3 battery packs for multiple flights. so Ill just simulate a switch with the connector on the battery to speed control!

Thanks for the help!
Jon