Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

electrifly to cellpro conversion

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

electrifly to cellpro conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 02:23 PM
michaelkramer11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrifly to cellpro conversion

Hello all. I recently purchased the cellpro 4s charger and was curious to see if anyone could explain how to splice the cellpro balancing node onto the great planes electrifly power series batteries' node. Does anyone know any details about how the electrifly balancing nodes are wired? I was thinking it should be an easy fix, it's just that i am not sure how the electrifly batteries are wired...
Old 11-11-2006, 05:57 PM
phobbies

Default RE: electrifly to cellpro conversion

Call FMA with their new "deal direct" Im sure they would do it for you.............Oh sorry ......... they fired their customer service dept staff[]

No really you can do it with adaptor cabels from Common Sense R/C 818-206-3384 use a CS2TP 2 or 3 cell adapt with a "reverse" adaptor. That will plug into a cellpro thp/poly board. Call them and they will know. You can also skip the reverse adapt by reversing the wires on the GP cell.

TMC

You can call me for more info

Performance Hobbies
585-872-4990
Old 11-11-2006, 11:17 PM
michaelkramer11

OK, thanks for all the info. One more question. I ordered a few of the cellpro pigtails when i got the charger. Can't i just cut the balancing connector off the electrifly battery and solder on the cellpro pigtail??? If so, which wire from the battery goes to which wire on the cellpro pigtail???
Old 11-12-2006, 09:52 AM
phobbies

That Im not sure (never done it) if you use a meter on each wire you can figure it out.

TMC