Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

TP610 C pack balancing

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TP610 C pack balancing

Guys,

I have a question about pack balancing with a TP 610C charger read out. I am charging a 4S1p 3858mah pack that was drawn down to 2650mah and 15.12V. When I charge I connect the TP supplied balancer and connect in the battery balance leads. The charger indicates that the balancer is connected and gives the intial balance. The charger has a feature that allows you to check the progress of the balance as you are charging. During the last charge when I went to check the balance it would switch to the balance screen but didn't seem to show any activity between the cells. Switching back to the main screen it shows the balancer indicator and when I disconnected the balancer plug it correctly showed that there was no balancer connected. My other packs show activity as the balancer adjusted the charge to keep the balance. My question is, is the balancer working? Could the pack just be that closely balanced that the delta between cells is not there hance zero or is there something malfunctioning in the charger or battery balance lead and how do I check this?

Best, Dennis