Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

cp pro no power solid red light

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

cp pro no power solid red light

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:56 PM
mikemscott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cp pro no power solid red light

I have a cp pro, problem being the heli arms its self just fine. As soon as i advance throttle just a bit i get the solid red light. Any ideas. Just working the other night. thank you [email protected]
Old 11-03-2010, 02:39 AM
NickMcEnjoy

Default RE: cp pro no power solid red light

ORIGINAL: mikemscott

I have a cp pro, problem being the heli arms its self just fine. As soon as i advance throttle just a bit i get the solid red light. Any ideas. Just working the other night. thank you [email protected]
How old is the heli? Did you contact Horizon?

Old 11-03-2010, 04:43 AM
mikemscott

No Nick, on the phone with them trying to contact for an hour. Could never get ahold of them. Therecustomer service is worthless. I've never had any luck with there tech support. Mike Scott
Old 11-03-2010, 05:19 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the issues your having with Horizon - I found sometimes the best thing to try is to give them your number and they will return the call when a tech rep becomes available...remember, sometimes they can be held up with another customer trying to troubleshoot a problem.

Now, are you using a lipo or NiMH battery? Usually a red lite means that the ESC is using all supplied power the battery is giving. Do you have another battery to try out? Also, what size pinion are you using on the motor (count the number of splines if you don't know)?

Mark
Old 11-03-2010, 06:29 AM
mikemscott

Hey mark, we have been flying the cp for about three years. Everything is stock. We had it running the other night. No problems. How about bad motor, what's the easiest way to check the motor? How about 3and 1 is that a possibility? How do we check that? Batteries are reading 4.15 4.20. Thanks Mark for your help
Old 11-03-2010, 09:50 AM
NickMcEnjoy

ORIGINAL: mikemscott

No Nick, on the phone with them trying to contact for an hour. Could never get ahold of them. Therecustomer service is worthless. I've never had any luck with there tech support. Mike Scott
Hi Mike,

I never called them so I don't know their phone services. I always e-mail them. They are a little slow, but they are nice and working well. They usually replied in or after a day. I received my parts under the warranty. At one time, one part did not fix the issue, I let them know, they mailed me the other part.

I suggest e-mailing them, and being patient (well I know most of us are impatient, especially when it comes to "parts" LOL). They will get back to you

Good luck!
Nick

Old 11-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi Mike,

Here's a site worth looking at: [link=http://www.bladecprepair.com]Blade[/link] This site has lots of repair type suggestions for the older Blade CP's.

It appears that the red lite being on shouldn't be a problem...its just an indicator that the ESC is giving the maximum current it can. See [link=http://www.bladecprepair.com/cause.php?symptom_id=15&curr_category=All Categories]here[/link].

If the heli isn't having problems flying I just say fly it and have fun.

Hope this helps,

Mark
Old 11-03-2010, 09:54 PM
mikemscott

thanks Mark