Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade mCPx or 120 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:05 PM
beanyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade mCPx or 120 ?

Hey,
Went to a hobby shop looking for an mCPx i want to buy in a couple weeks. Dude there told me if it was my first small helicopter i should get a 120. Apparently the mCPx is too twitchy for a first time small copter.
Anyone have opinions on this matter?

I learn better when I'm challenged so I am more inclined to buy a CPx anyway. This guy also said CP kind of sucked, which i didn't think to be the case with my CPP2 at the very least...

Will probably pick up a DX6i and a 450 at some point too.

Steve
Old 07-15-2011, 08:45 PM
gsmarino2000
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Blade mCPx or 120 ?

Deleted. Posted to the wrong thread.

Greg
Old 07-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Adam Hied

Get the 120sr if you are going to get the 450 down the road. Learning on a cp is doable. I did over about 6 weeks. Then I got the 120 sr and am having a blast with it. The dynamics are similar, but the fixed pitch 120sr is more docile. plus you'll be able to get a 450 sooner by saving on repair cost.

Flybarless heli's tend to be twitchy because the flybar dampens inputs and wind gusts. Not something to learn on at all.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:59 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi Steve,

If you already have and can fly a CPP2 then you really should keep with the collective pitch heli's, doing a fixed pitch will be disappointing to you due to thier limitations.

I have the mcpx and it is a blast to fly, although it really isn't an indoor heli. Twitchy? I really don't think so due to it's FBL, it's got more hovering stability then my 550, which is a flybar version. Is it for a beginner? I certainly think so, and I do know a few new guys that are able to handle it...they came from a mcx. It also is very durable and can handle some wind with no problems.

Mark

Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 AM
brodjack

agree with the above,an absolute newb.pal has a MSR and struggles with it,he hovered my MCPX better after i toned it down a touch.
I wish these were available when i started 5yrs ago,we had to battle against Picolos,Zoom400's and the such,a tiny floor scrape and a rebuild,whereas the MCPX rarely breaks.
Fabulous little helis..
Old 07-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Adam Hied

oops. I missed that you have the CPP2. The mCPx should be no problem then.