Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Radio Settings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:14 PM
blademan6
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Settings?

I set my dx6i up to fly 3d with my mcpx v2 everything is working great but when i go inverted it does not have much power.
Is there any setting in the radio that i can change to produce more lift while upside down?
Thanks

Old 04-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Radio Settings?

Try increasing the last two numbers in the pitch curve if possible. If they're already way up, then try increasing the last two numbers on the throttle curve and see what that does. Doug
Old 04-11-2012, 06:54 AM
blademan6

Alright thanks for the response, i will test it out when my new landing gear comes later.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 AM
blademan6

I just tested it out and it has a lot more power in idle up mode while rightside up.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
ATVAlliance

Have you visually checked your pitch setting?

I just bought an MCPX V1 a few days ago and set it up according to the settings in the manual. I found that on the "pitch" settings for the TX...it suggests 75% for both Hi and Lo settings.

What I found, and am not alone in this as I have read all kinds of posts about this same deal...is that from the factory the mcpx has more negative pitch than positive.

Some people, if not most have been removing the ball links and turning them out 2 full turns for all three cyclic links. After giving it much thought (i didnt really like the idea of having to snap the ball links on and off making them even more "sloppy") I decided to put the Hi pitch setting back to 100%, while leaving the Lo setting at 75%. By your symptom you describe...you would want 100% on Lo and 75% on Hi (the inverse of mine).

I then rechecked the pitch and with these settings...I have the same amount of pitch both ways and my throttle and pitch curves didnt need changing at all.

So, what I am saying is that it sounds like your MCPX "could" have not enough negative pitch for inverted flight. I say this because mine reacted, or "felt" the same way as you describe...however mine was feeling low on power in regular flight...rather than inverted.

So...check to make sure you have the same pitch both ways before messing with throttle/pitch curves.

The easiest/safest way to do this WITHOUT having to disconnect the motor leads are to go to your "throttle hold pitch curve" and set it to the same as your Stunt Mode 1 settings. This way you can select throttle hold and select Stunt Mode 1 and work your throttle from Lo to Hi and check the pitch. Otherwise you will just have to guess OR disconnect the battery and not enable TH to check the pitch.

After I adjusted my "pitch" setting on my DX7...I have plenty of power both positive, and negative.

goodluck!

PS...You will love this helicopter. up till now I had been a great advocate of the mSR as a good first heli. I still think that it is a good heli, its just the mCP X is a much better heli. Might be a tad bit much for a brand new person never to have flown anything...but as robust as it is...you can learn to fly a real CP heli easily with this one.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:45 PM
blademan6

Thanks for that response, I decided to turn the ball links out and wow that made a huge difference. I have plenty of lift now and makes it a lot more fun to fly.
thanks
Old 04-12-2012, 04:19 AM
ATVAlliance

Glad to hear.

I would still manually check the pitch at both extremes to be sure that they are the same.

You will know if you have "too much" pitch as well because you will get severe tail blowout if so.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:29 AM
blademan6

When I was playing with all the settings yesterday I did have a couple tail blowouts. Once again thanks.