Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Micro Heli

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 05:07 PM
10000 yrs too late

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro Heli

Driving through a neighborhood & saw a guy flyinga micro heli. It seemed to have pitch, flew very stable. It flew forward, backwards, turns and appeared to be very forgiving, nothing like the CPP & much smaller than the CPP. Didn't appear to have a flybar.

Thanksfor any help.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:27 AM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Micro Heli

why didn't you stop to talk to the guy? he would be the one to ask, you can't expect us to know what you saw. we could throw ideas at you, but that's about it. sorry

ps. i see it's your first post, welcome to the forum
Old 04-22-2012, 04:43 AM
kfrisbee

Welcome to the forum!

It's too bad you didn't talk to the guy. It could have been anything. Many guys can make the most unstable helis look like they should have a 45 degree flybar just because they are very good.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:41 PM
10000 yrs too late

Thanks for welcoming me aboard RCU. I noticed the guy concetrating pretty hard & I didn't wanna talk to him & possibly make him crash his heli. I'm 90% sure it was the Blade mcp X. I bought the heli last night without the radio & comes with 7 battery packs. Not sure what radio to get. Looking at the DX6 & not sure the main didderences between the DX6/7/8. Any help with a radio would be great.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:38 AM
kfrisbee

DX6/7/8 are all good radios. The higher the number the better the radio with more features like # of models storable. If you are just getting into R/C I would recommend the DX6i, it's a great radio and you can fly all of the Blade/eFlite heli's on it. Not only that but you can usually get one pretty cheap since hardcore r/c guys are upgrading and selling their DX6i.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:20 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

hobbyking sells a exact replica of the mcpx though lol you have to use the 9eagles radio with it though!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 PM
10000 yrs too late

Heli came in a few days ago with extra batteries. The DX8 seems like a good bargin. I really like the flight timer, model memory& other features. Where would be a good source to buy ungrades?

Thanks..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84937.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1755774  
Old 04-27-2012, 07:24 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

microheli is a good place to start honestly extending the tailboom 1 inch and doing the grommet mod / replacing swash with microheli aluminum is the best mods. all the other stuff is just bling , imho i dont even see the need for brushless motor upgrade but if your on a budget all that bling costs alot of money. you will find that you will lose the swash links alot so paint em and or do the fishing line mod to them they will break eventually but i lose em more than break em, also the hollow tailboom splinters after a few wipeouts so get the solid carbon rods from lhs or order and do em yourself this save a ton of money . have fun good luck
Old 06-19-2012, 12:02 PM
WaffleMan
My Feedback: (1)

Get the microheli swash, and I like the brightly colored KBDD blades on mine. I also put shrinkwrap over my tailboom to reinforce it, but you could go with a solid CF boom instead of shrinkwrap.