Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Need help with a Blade 400

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Need help with a Blade 400

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Don Reger
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with a Blade 400

When I go to throttle up it comes off the ground just a little then cuts out.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:15 PM
JPEE

Default RE: Need help with a Blade 400

Hello Don,

Your description is very vague. I don't know if this 400 has flown well in the past? or you just built or bought it and this is your maiden? How much piloting and RC experience you have. Those would be helpful for us at this end in helping you.

Lets assume your heli flew before this problem cropped up. A loose wire, or what is called and "cold soldering joint" will produce your condition because the higher the RPM vibration as the motor revs up will wiggle any loose connections on the ESC to the motor. They will come apart momentarily causing the motor to shut down. It could be the connection from the ESC to your receiver too, or the receiver itself. If that wire lead from receiver to the ESC is not firmly plugged in the signal from your radio to the ESC would be lost again resulting in a shut down condition.

Do this next time, when the heli comes down after the motor shuts off see if all of the other servos are still active. If so and they work then the BEC of the ESC is good. Then you might look at the ESC itself as it might be the culprit and it might be dying. There have been many problems with the 400 35 amp ESC's as they were maxed out during hard flying. A lot of the guys moved up to 40 amp ESC's for that reason. Follow some of these tips and see where you go. Just check every connection on the heli. Feel free to PM me if you need more help.

Good Luck JPEE
Old 10-21-2012, 05:20 AM
Don Reger

Thanks for the help, I will try some of these things today.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Don Reger

JPEE when I ran it today the ESC would shout down and blink?
Old 10-21-2012, 05:52 PM
JPEE

Hello Don,

If you go on the web and search "blade 400 ESC" you will see that there is an inherent problem with the ESCs and many guys are having the same problem you have and they give you some remedies!

http://geekozoid.blogspot.com/2009/0...early.html?m=1

http://m.rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t594405p1/

Hope this helps you, JPEE
Old 10-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Don Reger

Thanks again for the help.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:47 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Don this is Joey if you still have problems let me know, I can get it fixed up for you. I've been flying (and cussing) a blade 400 for about 4 years now. I can take them apart with my eyes closed.
Your problem sounds like a low voltage cut off. Make sure you have a 3s lipo, the esc is set to 3s cutoff. If that is ok then the lipo is bad or the head is binding up and causing the amps to surge.

I have a spare stock ESC around here somewhere but just about any esc is better than the stock one.

Joey
Old 06-13-2013, 03:35 PM
[email protected]

kset up blade 400t6exhputabaim lost i been flying spektrum, i need some really tame throws to could anybody help thank
Old 06-13-2013, 03:38 PM
[email protected]

anybody familiar with futaba t6exhp i really need settings anybody know good link i need to setup thanks