Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Pitch Curve for Blade MSR

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Pitch Curve for Blade MSR

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 05:25 PM
kchamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitch Curve for Blade MSR

I got my DX6i today and it makes a world of difference in performance, its like a different heli! My question is concerning pitch curve, I understand throttle curve but how do i incorporate pitch curve in together?
Old 07-24-2013, 12:36 AM
Rob2160

Default RE: Pitch Curve for Blade MSR

ORIGINAL: kchamp

I got my DX6i today and it makes a world of difference in performance, its like a different heli! My question is concerning pitch curve, I understand throttle curve but how do i incorporate pitch curve in together?
yes, the Blade Helis are much nicer when used with a decent transmitter like the DX6i or above.

you don't need to use pitch curve for the MSR.. you need to set your radio to ACRO mode for this heli (it says so in the manual)

The MSR just uses 4 channels as it is a fixed pitch helicopter.

When you move to an MCPX / Nano CPX / Brushless MCPX etc, then you will need the Heli mode in your radio and to set pitch and throttle curves because these are collective pitch helicopters.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:11 PM
64stingray
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Pitch Curve for Blade MSR

You bought a DX6i so set it up in Heli mode. Go to helicopterfun.com and purchase the download Getting the Most Out of Your MSR and 120SR. The author walks you through all setups for the MSR. My MSR flies very docile using his recommendations. I have read it many times and have learned something new every time.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Redharris

64stingrays advice is spot on.......A couple years ago, I downloaded "Getting the Most out of your MSR and 120 SR.".....It is MORE than worth the money the Author charges. 79 pages of Everything You Would Ever Want to Know about the MSR and 120 SR. Easy to read too,,,,and you dont have to read all 79 pages to get started Flying either. But I can almost guarantee that you will eventually read and appreciate every word, if you fly either of these little birds... Lol.....
Old 09-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Rob2160

I agree that the manual at RChelicopterfun.com gives some very good advice and it is definitely possible to fly the MSR / 120SR in helicopter mode and using different settings to make the MSR / 120SR helicopters more docile than normal.

Absolutely agree with this 100%.

Blade designed these helicopters to be flown in ACRO / Airplane mode on computer radios. See here

http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/F...20Addendum.pdf

You can use Heli mode if you want to adjust throttle curves, which can change the hover position of your throttle stick and adjusts the sensitively of the UP / DOWN response, however please be mindful that if you are in Heli mode and adjust the pitch curve in your radio you are not actually changing the pitch at all because the MSR and 120SR helis are mechanically fixed pitch helicopters and the pitch cannot be changed. They vary lift purely by changing the main rotor rpm.

Also in Heli mode, most radios will have several options for swash settings, if you select the wrong one your MSR will be impossible to fly. .

This caused a lot of frustration in the early days of the MSR. Which is why Blade release the addendum to use ACRO / Airplane mode.

Just something to be aware of.

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-11-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Redharris

Acro Mode is for people who dont want to take the Time or make the Effort to learn about all the Awesome features available on the DX6.

Acro mode basically turns OFF all the best features of the Radio, (at least for Helis).

Its definitely worth the effort to use Heli Mode and set up throttle curves to your liking.
You can set a nice easy curve for hovering on Normal, and then a steeper curve for faster flying/maneuvering. Switch back n forth between the two curves with a flick of a toggle switch.
You wont use the PITCH CURVE for the MSR (as stated above) or the swash mix either.
You CAN put the Throttle Curve, Gyro, Travel Adjust, and Sub Trims to good use though. Makes the MSR a LOT more pleasurable to fly.

I know all those adjustments a settings seem confusing at first, but its fairly straight forward once you get the hang of it.
It definitely helps to do some reading on the Subject. The manual helps but this here is what you Really need to read.
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/blade-msr-tips.html
Its well worth the $10 the guy charges. You will read for an hour or so and then be using your DX6i like a seasoned Pro.....
Old 12-24-2013, 02:00 PM
kchamp

Thanks for all the info. guys!