Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 battery chargers (accucycle plus) >

battery chargers (accucycle plus)

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

battery chargers (accucycle plus)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery chargers (accucycle plus)

It's been a while since I've been on here. Last January i bought a nicely equipped raptor 30 and flew it once (I did get to hover it on my first flights). I then got a new job and wasn't able to meet up with someone who was going to teach me since. I just decided to put the raptor away for the time being until i get the time to dedicate to learning it.

However... in the meantime... i just bought a Blade CP (and training gear, crash kit, and two spare batteries). I live in a large loft so I don't have to drive 45 minutes to meet up someone to teach me (when flying the raptor). I was tempted to go for the CX, but I think the CP will help me move onto the raptor much easier than the CX would.

Ok.. MY QUESTION finally haha... I already have an accucycle plus charger. Is this charger able to charge the e-flite batteries? I really hate the charger the blade comes with since I don't really have the time to sit down and wait for batteries to hatch. If I can use the accucycle, what kind of leads do I get? A link would be really great.

Thanks for any info!
Old 07-17-2006, 03:22 PM

Default RE: battery chargers (accucycle plus)

imnot sure if thats an ok cahrger for the stock bateries but something you might want to look into is gettina a lipo. I have a 1350 mah lipo and get about 25min flight times on a charge. and it takes about an hour to get a full charge... all for 30$, the best 30 bucks i've spent on this bird yet. here is where i got it.

http://www.helidirect.com/index.php?...sort=2a&page=2

E-Power 11.1V 1300mAH 3S Li-Po Battery (HoneyBee CP2/Blade CP) its right at the top.

now its 30$ for the battery and charger. but they have the Align New Li-ion Battery Balance Charger RCC-3CX @ $43.16. this will give you less down time between flights. full charge in about 25 min -> 25min flight times. very good deal.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:38 PM

Cant overstate the difference between NiMH and LIPO.... LIPO all the way, voltage, amperage, lighter than lesser stock pack...

If you go LIPO you MUST use a LIPO charger and you MUST select the correct number of cells... LIPO can explode if charged incorrectly...

If $$$$ is not too much of an issue for about $85 you can get Triton (Tower Hobbies price and get free thermal probe) or otherwise computerized charger... you can select from NiCad, NiMH, PB, LIPO and it will charge and discharge to specs whatever you want... it will take a bit to learn the charger but then again it does a ton including cycling your old nicad. Also you can gently charge if your in no hurry or up the amperage to battery suggested max charge rate if you are in a hurry.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:49 PM

Thanks for all the info! I'll have to look into the Lipos.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:48 PM

Hobbico has a pretty nice charger that auto detects the number of cells. You must set the battery type yourself cuz it charges all 3 types of batteries. I use lipo bats and i love that charger