Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Transmitter Tray for Spektyum DX6?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Transmitter Tray for Spektyum DX6?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Heli_Harry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter Tray for Spektyum DX6?

Since I fly the pinch method (thumb and forefinger) I would like to get a TX tray

Does anyone know where can I get a transmitter tray (with hand rest) for a Spektrum DX6.

Thank you.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:03 PM
hobbynutt

Default RE: Transmitter Tray for Spektyum DX6?

I also use and teach the PINCH style of radio control. New students are always asking what to get for a tray? Robart Super Tray is no longer made, that is what I use. I found some on Ebay and a site called RCA MODELS.com has some that should work. Good hunting.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
bluercpilot

I know I'm reviving an old thread hear but I just got a RCA transmitter Tray (RCAmodels.com) and highly recommend it to anyone, regardless of stick holding technique. They make different models tailored to those that fly with pinch and those that fly thumbs only. The "Low Wing" would be my recommendation for pinch flyers and the "ThumbTray" for thumbs only guys.

You will be amazed at how much difference having the transmitter firmly fixed in place makes in your control precision. You can also free a hand to activate switches much more easily. I can't believe I ever flew any other way.

Get one - you won't be sorry.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Jet Lag
My Feedback: (26)

Spring Air retracts have a nice transmitter tray with aluminum shoulder straps at a reasonable price.Got one about a year ago.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:47 AM
jdec
My Feedback: (1)

Thunderboltrc has trays in stock.

[link]http://www.thunderboltrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=93&products_id=368thunderboltrc [/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36929.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	888289  
Old 02-25-2008, 03:54 PM
bluercpilot

I have the RCA Models (rcamodels.com) TxTray and really like it. The tray is well made and very comfortable. They have three different models. If you are a pinch flyer like me, I recommend the "Low Wing" tray.

I've flown planes for years as a thumbs flyer and never used a tray but decided to make the switch to pinch when I started flying helis a few months ago. It is obviously much harder to control the TX if you are a pinch flyer. A neck strap is a must but a tray is a far better solution. One big advantage is that you can reach for switches (throttle hold, throttle up, gyro rates, etc) and the TX stays steady. That makes a much bigger difference in heli flying than airplanes but I find the tray to be a superior way to fly for any aircraft.