Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade CP Pro for new fliers

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CP Pro for new fliers

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:50 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CP Pro for new fliers

I like the 1320 Thunder Power Pro-lite, it is a little heavier, but the performance difference is worth it. Check the weight on any other brand to make sure it is comparable (some are really heavy). Oh, also check the charging plug, the Thunder Power plugs are different, and there are no standards.

The main problem with flying platic blades is that it adds about one once and you will get more blade strikes unless you tighten your blade grip washers (add a dampner). I used them for a while, but once I could hover, went back to wood. Blade strikes are not a lot of fun. You bend the shaft and spindle, shatter the tail boom and break the chassis. After I did it about 3 times, I thought I was going to toss this thing, but tightening up the blade grip washers will fix it.

I can't help on your CX2 question.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Jellyson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CP Pro for new fliers

kwaj look at the cx2 and cx threads those guys are nutso, they'll tell you what to do to it
I think my 1320 is a thunder power too but i've put velcro over the label
you might have to adjust the position of the battery to balance properly but the helicopter will actually fly much better because the "C" value (maximum sustained discharge current) is higher than the stock battery, so the voltage will not drop and the tail (any of the three) will perform better.

You can get a lot of life out of wooden blades, they can be repaired many times before you need to toss them, and they really are better for minimizing crash damage.

Anytime any head parts are replaced you should go back and set the head up again. It is good practice and almost always necessary, due to seeminlgy minor variations in the plastic and metal parts. It's no big deal, it's part of the hobby.