Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Ultimate CX2 Mod Guide

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:54 AM
makatron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultimate CX2 Mod Guide

the dx7 is the only one capable to bind with the blade cx2 receiver cause its dsm2 and dx6 is dsm

but you can use an AR6000 with your blade cx
Old 03-28-2007, 05:33 PM
armycopter

That figures... I knew I should have bought the DX7 originally!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:07 PM
mrasmm

With your stock charger it will likely take 2 hours to charge because it probably only charges at either 650mA or 500mA. The battery can be charged in 1 hour if you have the right charger, and most chargers are made to charge in 1 hour. I just mentioned in another post that I have no idea why e-flite has a 800mAh battery and a 500mA charger... unless it is a saftey margin type thing for beginners.

Thanks for mentioning the FMA stuff. I went to look it up because I am putting a post together on lipo's, and I ran into a wonderful resource over there. Anyways this is the adaptor you need, and you should be able to get it anywhere you can get FMA stuff
http://www.fmadirect.com/detail.htm?...196&section=45

I don't think you can adjust the throttle except with the throttle trim. If you have a nice computer Tx you can do it just fine, but with the stock setup I think it is non-adjustable.

ORIGINAL: vphan13

Hey guys,

I have 3 questions for you guys.
Where can I get the E-Flight Node Adaptor to work with this Charger? I looked on the link but still am not sure which one I need
Secondly, how long does it typically take you guys to charge your lipo with the stock charger? My LHS said I should be able to get a full charge in about an hour, but its been consistantly 2 hours. I've got about 5 charges on the one included lipo.
Lastly, on my throttle trim, I have to be at past halfway before I get any speed on the blades, where can I adjust this properly.

----FMA Direct CellPro 4S Balance Charger----
-Safely Charges Batteries in 50 min vs 2 hours
-Can Charge Pack Immediatly After Discharge (No cooling needed)
-Can Restore Overdischarged Packs
-Idiot Proof Automatic Charging Method
-Requires E-Flight Node Adaptor or Battery Pack Balance Node Change
Old 04-01-2007, 09:05 PM
xanaphyst
My Feedback: (17)

you may want to add this to your mod list:

www.bladecxpro.com

Old 04-01-2007, 10:36 PM
glockgreg

Hi to everyone! my ? is where do you buy the extended inner&outer shafts for the cx2. will my micro heli upper & lower heads still work? I hope it does keep the blade strikes from happening! I am a cnc machinist by trade and have come up with my own upgrades for my cx2 with little program time however lots of r&d. I make dental equipment at work so there is lots of T6511 and 7075 aluminum around to use. I will be posting pics soon and offer parts, or your own ideas and ill machine it for you?. however my last problem I am working on is blade strikes my cx2 performs so much better I am more aggressive with the moves that I hope all my work wasnt for nothing I guess I got carried away I should have put that time into my cp-pro or mini titan e-325. but I just love my cx2 for indoor fun and with Oregon weather so "iffy" I have spent more time with it than any other this year..........thanx
Old 04-02-2007, 12:25 AM
makatron

WE DO NOT WANT bladecxpro in our mods list since those guys just rebrand stuff and resell it at higher price

they suck!!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:41 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread is too valuable to let slip in the back of this forum. Any new mods come out yet? Ya guys are slipping......

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Of all the things I ever lost..................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:07 PM
BCKoots

I read somewhere of a mod that will help get better forward flight, anyone done any mods like this?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Blackjack52

Well authored and informative thread. It mirrors the main CX2 thread quite nicely. I'm new to the heli thread here, but not rotary/fixed wing; I have experience with the DF36Z, Trex, B-52G, and MH53J, but can't fly those anymore.
Only recommendation for the first post is to add a link to the other CX2 threads. NOTE: If you don't edit the first thread for a certain time, it won't let you change it.
Reading these threads has turned me in the direction of this bird vice the XRB SH and Helimax EZ.

Here go the questions: I already know the mods I want to incorporate when I get mine.......but not sure about the following:

1.) Who has installed the alum swashplate? I'm curious to know if this mod allows more authority when using the 4th horn hole. Will it allow further travel when using the 4th hole?
2.) Does the alum longer inner shaft cancel clacking, or is it still possible? I would think the flybar paddle mod would mostly negate the clacking.
3.) Deleted
4.) Has anyone used the complete CXPro Upgrade Kit?
5.) BZYGUY01.........how is the CP battery config working out?
6.) Does the tail shroud fit back on if you have the CF tail boom mod?
7.) How much heat transfer occurs from the lipo to the motor, due to proximity of the pack and motor/s?
8.) Up to what dimension pack will fit in this bird? 1000mAh 15c if they can be had!
9.) Alum rotor head mod allows use of the stock blades?
10) Is it possible to slightly elevate the swashlate higher on the shaft to prevent binding when using extended horn holes? Or can the struss below the swashplate be modified? Or does the swashplate come in contact with the blade grips? If so, they can be filed down to prevent binding.
11) Deleted
12) How much gyro authority trim is available with the 4-in-1? Can I dampen, or have 0 gyro input? Will make doing a modified Immelman maneuv much easier.

Really needed mods I figure are:
a) Heat sink
b) Alum rotor head
c) Alum swashplate
d) Alum extended inner shaft
e) CF tail boom
f) MegaPack 15c 850mAh
g) Remove flybar retention screw
h) Dunam Vrtex Flybar

Old 04-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Blackjack52

Is the alum upgrd inner alum shaft (EFLH1240) an extended shaft? If not, is the Dynam Vortex inner shaft extended? If not, anyone know where to get one?
Thanks.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:58 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blackjack, I took the aluminum upper hub off my eflight inner shaft and installed it on the vortex inner shaft. Nice fit, and smooth flying!

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Of all the things I ever lost.......................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 04-16-2007, 11:21 AM
fishjunky
My Feedback: (1)

Arrow, is the vortex shaft longer?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Blackjack52

Thanks ArrowNaughtic.

Anyone....I want to mod the flybar, but want to know if anyone has already done this.
Looking for some info on a modified stock flybar using the Helimax AXE EZ flybar ends. But first, it seems the stock flybar ends would have to be unhooked off (looks like they're hooked into place onto the stock ends). After removing the stock ends, the "hook" would have to be cut, being careful to ensure the same amount of material is removed from both sides, for balance. Then, it's just a matter of filing a small groove for the hex screw to dig into, and of course follow this with a quick balance.

Does this sound about right?
A plus to this mod I would surmise, having a shorter flybar, will get rid of some of the clacking.

I've heard pros/cons to using the Dynam Vortex flybar over the AXE mod. Anyone....anyone...Feris?

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:48 PM
atcspaul

just tried out my new mega batterie from heli direct and all i can say is wow. it is like having a new bird. before if i took it to say 8 feet and cut the power and reaplied it would bounce lightly of the ground with the new battery it dosnt even make it half way to the ground and is flying again. power diference is unbelievable. i ordered late in the day and they still shipped it that day and had it withen 2 days. i am very pleased gets an A++++++++ from me
Old 04-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Blackjack52

The difference b/w 8c and 15c is monstrous. I don't even use the stock batt. It's a back-up. Plus, the MegaPower fit better.....don't need the velro.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:34 PM
atcspaul

in total agreement blackjack. its like haveing a new copter. i am ordering more and gonna trash the stock battery. i will report back on what i think of the boom as soon as i get it and have it installed. this is fun to work on and tweek. great hobby. i have done rc car, gliders, planes, trucks both electric and nitro and thier is no comparison to the fun of an rc helocopter
Old 04-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Blackjack52

Haha. You've done everything except RC speed boats (FEs). Better watch it.....those are the most addictive.

I wish something big would hurry and break on mine so I can add the CNC upgrades. I've been doing FFF slides, Tactical LZs, banked turns, hooks, and modified Immelman's (Hammerhead). A really sturdy platform for a coax and very fun to fly........but still no match for my other helis.

Only thing I had to replace right away was the flybar.....Dynam Vortex.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Kaw1000

Ok guys...Thanks for all the posts........I've learned alot.......I am VET CX flyer.......I have ordered 2 cx2s.......Man so many options to bling them out!!
Im going with extreme motors and bigger lipos....but from there I'm lost....this vortex flybar...is it carbon fiber.....is this the best flybar or is the shotened one better?

And what about the longer shaft where do I find it, and is it a good mod........I'm going all aluminum with everything else!

Tail booms are a must...and a heat sink.......does that cover everything?? Thanks

sorry to ask these questions when I know they are in these forums....but I dont want to buy 10 items from 10 different stores!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Blackjack52

Try here to answer most of your questions about what the various mods do (they're all on the first post)
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_52...tm.htm#5298052

Yes, definite on the heat sink. At least an alum swashplate, alum upper/lower rotor heads, extended inner shaft, and shorter flybar. Along with the MegaPower 7.4v 15c lipo.
Another option for the flybar is to use the AXE EZ flybr ends (I haven't tried this one yet.....I have the parts though).

I got pretty much everything I needed from 4 diff sites:
http://myrcsupply.net/index.php?main...9ee83a0d87b5cd
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=A1972394 boom and flybar
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2108 Alum upgrades
http://www.helihobby.com/html/eflight_blade_cx.html Alum upgrades
Old 04-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Kaw1000

Thanks....I think I got it all except for the longer inner and outta shaft mod....vortex??..........I can't seem to find
vortex aluminum inner shaft with aluminum head......Its supposed to be longer than stock shaft?

Thanks for your help!!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 AM
atcspaul

take the time when you tear your machine appart to oil the bearings and stuff. tri flow is about the best stuff i have found for lubricating. oiling the maching will make a big diference.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Kaw1000

will do....thanks for you help....can anyone tell me where I can get the longer shaft for the cx2??
Its a mod I read about somewhere.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Blackjack52

Kaw1000,
The Dynam Vortex Inner shaft is said to reduce blade clacking, so that would tell me the inner shaft is longer. But you'll have to verify at the below website w/ their tech.
Unless someone in this thread has one and can measure it.
VTX-003 (Inner): ~$5.50
VTX-004 (Outer): ~$3.50
URL: http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=A1972394
URL: http://www.slickzero.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=VTXParts

Nice wings by the way.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:06 PM
atcspaul

recieved the model 3 boom from boomtown hobbies today. of all the upgrades i have done which i believe is everything posible beside a new motor this made the biggest change.you wouldnt think it but it must really reduced the weight on the copter. takes considerbly less throttle to hover and flys 10 times better. i recomend it big time.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Blackjack52

Yeah, depending on the version of the boom you get, it's like 3-5g less than the stock fuse. You're all set for outdoors now. Just remember, you can't turn that ceiling fan off.

I just added the Vortex flybar.....an improvemnt also over the longer stock flybar.......more responsive cyclic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.