Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CP pro brushless ESC setup

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CP pro brushless ESC setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:56 AM
lanny2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CP pro brushless ESC setup

Motor is HiMax 2015 4100kv 10t pinion. I am using a Phoenix-25 ESC from Castle Creations.

Question is about ESC setup of "throttle type". Which one would be best low or high?

Option # 3: Governor mode - Low RPM Range
Option # 4: Governor mode - High RPM Range

Notes say:
NOTE: Governor mode acts as an RPM control, rather than a throttle control. Throttle stick position determines the RPM that the motor runs and the controller will attempt to hold that RPM regardless of load
changes. This is useful in a collective pitch helicopter where a constant head speed is desirable. The low RPM range has finer RPM control at lower RPMs, and the high RPM range has finer RPM control at higher
RPMS. The low RPM range is useful for low pole count motors (Hacker, etc.) and low RPMs on higher pole count motors. The high RPM range is useful for higher pole count motors and higher RPMs. Brake is
ALWAYS disabled in Governor Mode.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:35 AM
lanny2003

Default RE: CP pro brushless ESC setup

bump
Old 03-02-2007, 09:03 AM
rstacy
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: CP pro brushless ESC setup

Lanny,
I have never found a governor mode that I liked. They all seem to cause more problems than they cure.

Go with a throttle curve which is very easy to do on the CP and you will be better off.
Start with a linear curve and adjust the hover mode to give the desired stability.

Ray