Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade CX Trim Adjustment Question

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX Trim Adjustment Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:07 PM
dpsa98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CX Trim Adjustment Question

I have a brand new Blade CX Heli and I have a question about adjusting the Trim. I believe its the Aileron Trim. When I have all the trim adjustments centered on the radio and I give it throtle the CX starts to lean hard to the left. I can get a stable hover going if I place the Aileron Trim almost all the way to the Right. How can I adjust the CX so it will hover with all of my trim settings on my radio set to the dead center. I am not that familiar with Helicopters. I do fly RC Planes and if I just center out the servos then all I need to do is make very small trim adjustments to the radio to get stable flight. Is this the same case with the CX and if so would you mind giving me some instruction on how to make these adjustments without ruining anything? Thank you very much in advance for any assistance you can give.

Dave
Old 03-13-2007, 11:44 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blade CX Trim Adjustment Question

I just readjusted my swashplate to get a stable hover on my CX2......... With only 2 servos to deal with I just turned on the TX, armed the 4 in 1.....and moved the right stick to see which servo controlled which. If your heli is drifting left with trim centered, You will have to adjust the servo linkage that controls aileron either in or out.......Quick and easy, had mine solid hover within 3 mins. I had just changed to the longer inner/outer shafts so for some reason had to do a little fiddling. Hope that helps

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Of all the things I ever lost............................................ I miss my mind the most!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Dizzyflyer

ArrowNaughtic was correct,

The point is to have the swashplate level. If it is leaning left, unclip the servo linkage on the right side and shorten it by one turn. Start there and try it again.

If you are using training gear, make sure that is centered too. If the heli is off-balance, you can drift too.

Dizzyflyer (formerly RBaptist....had to have a cool username like everyone else : ) ).
Old 03-14-2007, 07:43 PM
dpsa98

Thank you for your help I have most of it working well now by adjusting the rods to the servos. I have one more question about trimming the CX . Now when I hover the CX for the most part stays in place but the tail end rotates to the left making the helicopter continue to turn to the left when at hover or when slowly flying around the tail end keeps constantly turning out left. What adjustment do I need to make to make the CX stand still at hover? Thank you again and your assistance really helped me with the leaning problem I had.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Dizzyflyer

Hi dpsa98

I have the CX2..not the CX, but there should be a POT that you can set on the 4 in 1 unit. On the CX2 there are two adjustments. One for the gyro, and the other for the "Motor proportional Mix" setting. You will need to start with the motor mix setting.

If it is spinning left, you would rotate the Motor proportional mix Pot clockwise. (Hover for about a minute before you do this). On the CX2, you have to unplug the battery and plug it back in to reset the unit. I assume that the CX is the same or similar.

You will probably always have to make SOME inputs on the rudder though. Mine is pretty steady, but as the battery dies off, I have to "fly" the tail a bit more. It shouldn't spin fast though when you release the left stick. Mine just has an ever so slight drift to it occasionally. Once you get it close, you might want to experiment with increasing the gain on the gyro a little too. (Just SLIGHT movements at a time). This may also help lock it in if air blowing off the fuselage or slight breezes are causing the drift.

Dizzyflyer
Old 03-14-2007, 10:32 PM
dpsa98

DizzyFlyer,

Your suggestion worked perfectly . It hovers straight with hardly any stick movement. I appreciate all of your help . Now all I need to do is purchase $200. worth of upgrades and I will have the best trainer CX you can buy...I wont really understand how to use all of thoes upgrades or what they really do but it will look cool and it will be fun to put together

Thanks Again,
Dave