Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CPP Skid

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Pearl_414
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPP Skid

I bought the CPP a few weeks ago and just took it out the box today. With the tailrotor in a vertical position, I noticed it doesn't have much clearance, a good 8th of an in. at the most. It fly's great, my problem is the tailrotor hits the ground every time I land it. Is there a skid I can purchase that will allow the heli to stand higher, or should I buy tail rotorblades by the dozens.

Thanks all,
Pearl
Old 03-23-2007, 01:02 AM
wick246

Default RE: CPP Skid

Pearl, some put a bead on the tail stand to give a little bigger foot print, aftermarket skid sets also raise the airframe a little for more clearance.

[link]http://www.super-skids.com/[/link]
Old 03-23-2007, 07:21 PM
choppersrule

Pearl_414,

Wick246 is right on, put a plastic bead on the tail support for starters,,, Go for the Super Skids Version 3 from the site Wick246 mentioned... Helidirect has a superskid Version 2, it's less expensive, but not nearly as good... Superskids V3 are about $30, that includes shipping.... See picture of bead on tail support, and V2 and V3 of Superskids. You can see by the photo that the V2 is much more beefer, heavy duty..

Dave / Choppersrule

ORIGINAL: Pearl_414

I bought the CPP a few weeks ago and just took it out the box today. With the tailrotor in a vertical position, I noticed it doesn't have much clearance, a good 8th of an in. at the most. It fly's great, my problem is the tailrotor hits the ground every time I land it. Is there a skid I can purchase that will allow the heli to stand higher, or should I buy tail rotorblades by the dozens.

Thanks all,
Pearl
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85638.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	648302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91194.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	648303  
Old 03-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Pearl_414
Banned

Looks like the aftremarket skid may do the job. Hope to order them in a couple of weeks or months. Thankyou for the link and help.

Pearl
Old 03-30-2007, 04:38 AM
Heli007

Or you can take some thin piano wire and put it into a L configuration so it hits the wire and not the tail rotor. Good Luck, Heli007
Old 03-30-2007, 01:59 PM
diggler

I looked at the Super-Skid site....I want some of those for my CP Pro!!!!!! My landing gear breaks all the time, although I'm not that great at flying the CP yet. Those look really cool and not too expensive either. I only wish my LHS carried them so I didn't have to go through the order and shipping process.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:11 PM
mrasmm

It might be too late for you, but they do have an application process on their page for hobby shops to carry them. I showed them to my hobby shop, and they thought they were really cool, so I brought in an application. That way, hopefully, someone else down the line can just get them at the hobby shop instead of having to go through the ordering process like what you are talking about.
http://www.super-skids.com/reseller.htm

ORIGINAL: diggler

I looked at the Super-Skid site....I want some of those for my CP Pro!!!!!! My landing gear breaks all the time, although I'm not that great at flying the CP yet. Those look really cool and not too expensive either. I only wish my LHS carried them so I didn't have to go through the order and shipping process.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Pearl_414
Banned

Hey Heli007, that sounds like a good idea, the piano wire. When I started looking closer at the CPP, I realized it needs tons of mods. Poor skids, rotorblades, no ac adapter, cheap radio batteries, and on and on. Diggler you can adjust the servo linkages for less travel. I set them 2 holes closer in for less travel, and made a great difference, goodluck. Thanks for the help gents.

Pearl