Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

best new motors for cx2 ?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

best new motors for cx2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 06:53 AM
downforcerecon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best new motors for cx2 ?

which are the more powerful and more durable motors for my cx2. eflites seem to wear out easily.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:31 AM
ELC

Default RE: best new motors for cx2 ?

Look at Extreme180's A & B from:
MiracleMart.com
I've used Vortes 180 and was very satisfied ($8.00) from HBHobby.com
The Extreme180 ($16.00 each)
Old 03-26-2007, 01:51 PM
pompeyjohn

I am using the vortex ones, and although quiter seem to be about the same power.

I am happy with that though because for me I need a heli that is as quite (and wife friendly) as possible
Old 03-26-2007, 02:58 PM
BCKoots

I just ordered the extreme 180's from miracle mart based out of hong kong. I thought the shipping would be a while, but I ordered it on March 16 and it just arrived! thats only 6 business days from hong kong to canada! Most orders from the USA take longer than that.

I have not tried the motors yet, just have them as backup now. But they are supposed to be awsome.

(you need both A & B motors)

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...ndex&cPath=110
Old 03-26-2007, 09:23 PM
viper_1942

I've seen a lot of talk about the motors wearing out. How long do the stock motors typically last. I've had my cx2 for about 3 weeks now and I fly it everyday for about 20-30 min. I did not know that the motors needed to be broken in either so I've just been flying since the day I got it.

Is there an estimated flying time for the motors? How will I know when they need to be replaced? Will they just stop working altogether or will there be other signs?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
mrasmm

Basically 20 hours or so is the limit. The way you tell if they are going out or not is to feel the motors after flight, if they are starting to get unusually hot, then it's time to replace them because they are on their way out. That is one of the most simple ways to tell. The other thing you can do is get the battery meter from SSG Scott over on RCgroups. If the meter bumps down to red in the middle of the flight the motors will fail really soon. Make sure if you order one that you tell him it's for a 2s lipo (I think he normally makes ones for 3s lipo's.

ORIGINAL: viper_1942

I've seen a lot of talk about the motors wearing out. How long do the stock motors typically last. I've had my cx2 for about 3 weeks now and I fly it everyday for about 20-30 min. I did not know that the motors needed to be broken in either so I've just been flying since the day I got it.

Is there an estimated flying time for the motors? How will I know when they need to be replaced? Will they just stop working altogether or will there be other signs?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:42 PM
viper_1942

Unfortunately I never "Felt" the batteries when it was new so I don't know what unusual is. I have noticed that it take a bit more throttle to take off when the battery is fully charged then it used to.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:06 PM
mrasmm

oh... hrm... maybe I didn't say it very clear... the part you want to touch is the motors. If you can keep your finger on the motor while pushing against it for about 15 sec or so then they are fine. If you touch it and it's so hot that you have to pull your hand away... then the motors are likely to fail soon.