Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

From the BOX to a CRASH in 2 minutes

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

From the BOX to a CRASH in 2 minutes

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Roi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From the BOX to a CRASH in 2 minutes

Just for your info.Watch out for that Idle-Up switch.
My first Mini Copter was the New Blade Out of The Box Wonder.
It went from out of the box to CRASH ! In just 2 minutes.

I just charged the battery, was holding it down on my bench and giving it a test spin up. Brought the throttle back to Zero, set the Transmitter down, to unplug the receiver battery, And Woopie ! It went wild and there was the CRASH ! There was a little cup of parts on the bench and I set the radio down with the Idle Up switch on the cup of parts. Wow ! It went wild and I didn't know what was going on. It flew up and around, sliced my wrist, and hit the concreate still spinning madly. I reached down and stopped it. Good thing it didn't fly into my face. So that's how my new Blade went from Box to CRASH ! So watch yhay Idle-Up switch before you unplug the receiver battery. I hear the Idle-Up switch is a little problem with these minis because of the precedure of shutting down. I just got the new parts today and I bet that will never happen again.

[email protected]
Old 03-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Rexor2

Default RE: From the BOX to a CRASH in 2 minutes

I think if it was possible to crash while still in the box, people would do it. Yeah I ALWAYS watch my idle up. It should have a lock out for noobs.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:41 PM
bigbore

Idle-up switch got me too, the results weren't quite as bad but that was just luck.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:19 AM
Heli007

Idle sw. got me too. I just bought it last year and hit the switch by accident and it almost funky chicken itself but lucky I was fast enough and was able to shut it down. Broke rear prop and blades. Now I tie a rubberband on my idelup switch just in case I don't tap it by mistake. Heli007
Old 03-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Flying Foot Doc
My Feedback: (2)

I'm not far enough along with my flying the CP to use the idle up switch yet. My LHS put a plastic wire tie from the switch to the transmitter handle to help avoid this. Now I know how much I appreciate that. Doc
Old 03-30-2007, 11:04 AM
diggler

Something like that happened to me too, but I never really figured out what happened. Mine was setting on the table and I set the tx in my lap for a second and the copter just went full speed off the table and into a wall in my basement. I jumped on the floor to stay away from it, scared the crap out of me!! It left a couple little gashes in my wall up high by the ceiling. I'll bet I bumped the idle-up switch also??
Old 03-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Roi

Unlike most other heli radios, the switches on theis transmitter are very long. Why ? I don't know. But I can bet you the company wont do a thing about it. I have been doing this heli thing for almost 12 years now and in every heli I have found major problems in their engineering and have let them know about it. To this date, they have never changed. They are still putting out the " MISFITS". One well known heli cheeped out and did not use socket head bolts or lock nuts. The machine started to fall abort around the third flight and the tail push rod snapped because they again cheeped out and did not use a one way bearing in the starter shaft. Of course they never mentioned that you must check out the shaft with a a special run out tool and then tap the shaft withh a screw driver handle to straighten it out. I found this out through Heliproz. There is also a famous heli that DOES NOT FOLLOW the 90 degree rule on push rod setup. Again, Heliproz told me to set it up following the rule and things worked much better. Another well known heli srt up the fuel tank so crazy that you could not remove it without damaging the tank or taking the frames apart. I called them up about it and they said; "well how often do you have to remove the tank ??" I said at least once a year to inspect the fuel lines because of the 30% fuel we use. The fuel desloves the clunk line. Every one of these problems I mention are still going on. By the way. How many of you have found that the statement; "FLY IT OUT OF THE BOX, Just charge the battery and go !" really works ??.

Roi
Old 03-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Roi

Unlike most other heli radios, the switches on theis transmitter are very long. Why ? I don't know. But I can bet you the company wont do a thing about it. I have been doing this heli thing for almost 12 years now and in every heli I have found major problems in their engineering and have let them know about it. To this date, they have never changed. They are still putting out the " MISFITS". One well known heli cheeped out and did not use socket head bolts or lock nuts. The machine started to fall abort around the third flight and the tail push rod snapped because they again cheeped out and did not use a one way bearing in the starter shaft. Of course they never mentioned that you must check out the shaft with a a special run out tool and then tap the shaft withh a screw driver handle to straighten it out. I found this out through Heliproz. There is also a famous heli that DOES NOT FOLLOW the 90 degree rule on push rod setup. Again, Heliproz told me to set it up following the rule and things worked much better. Another well known heli srt up the fuel tank so crazy that you could not remove it without damaging the tank or taking the frames apart. I called them up about it and they said; "well how often do you have to remove the tank ??" I said at least once a year to inspect the fuel lines because of the 30% fuel we use. The fuel desloves the clunk line. Every one of these problems I mention are still going on. By the way. How many of you have found that the statement; "FLY IT OUT OF THE BOX, Just charge the battery and go !" really works ??.

Roi