Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

spektrum DX7 and blade CP PRO

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

spektrum DX7 and blade CP PRO

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:23 PM
dsswild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spektrum DX7 and blade CP PRO

anyone use the dx7 with the eflite blade cp pro?
i seen a how too on the cx2 and seems to work great but not sure on the cp pro setup im new too all this stuff
and just wanna try and do it right the first time.
thanks for help anyone can share!!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:32 PM
orlbuzz

Default RE: spektrum DX7 and blade CP PRO

Yep,

and loving it.

orlbuzz
Old 04-02-2007, 10:43 PM
tulit

The only was is you need to replace the receiver in your CPP. The stock receiver doesn't work with the DX-7 obviously (like it does on the cx2).

The AR6100 receiver works great with the CPP/DX7
Old 04-02-2007, 11:07 PM
mrasmm

www.kylerocks.com he uses either a dx6 or 7, I can't remember which. The dx7 is well worth the extra money in most peoples opinions over the dx6. There was a post in "www... blade cp" for all the settings that you need on the dx7 to get it setup with the blade cp heli's.

hrm weird... didn't do what I wanted
Old 04-03-2007, 08:10 AM
mrasmm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5612660 is a post by lookyj
and
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5173184 is a post by jm_obrien

both are complete setup guides. Hopefully one of them works for you =)
Old 04-03-2007, 03:02 PM
drphoto

I had a DX7 on a std BCP and loved it. Turns a squirrely little beast into a nice flying bird. Reasons?

1: Subtim. You can finally get those servo arms at 90 degrees for a proper swash setup.
2: Ability to run upgrade servos. With real TX reversing you can run servos that center properly
3: Custom throttle curves: I had mine set up to give about 90% power at mid stick. Head speed matters in a CP machine
4: Expo. I ended up w/ far less than I thought....about the same as Orl

Unfortunately, I sold it along w/ my Rex. I decided for the time being , I had neither the time or the money for high end heli's. I'd still like to have a good TX for my BCP, so if anyone has a Futaba 7 TX for sale.....LMK.

Believe me, a good programmable radio is the best upgrade you can do to the Blade. If you have the money for metal bits, then go for it, but do the radio first.

I think the subtrim may be the most important of all them, with custom throttle curve next. I had mine to the point where it would hover hands off for a few seconds, which I think is the benchmark of Blade setups.

BTW: I used the AR6100 along w/ the famous 4n1 hack. With a BCP Pro your install will be easier.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Biker-74

drphoto,
With real TX reversing you can run servos that center properly
Any good brands/model names to recommend ?

Biker-74
Old 04-04-2007, 08:42 AM
drphoto

biker, I used Hitec 55's. Now some people say they're not much better than the stock servos, but I found them to be more precise. 65's would be better if you're willing to spend the money.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
mrasmm

one small thing on the 55's... they are great servo's and are highly recommended... choppersrule as found out that they spin the opposite way as the stock servo's do, but since you will have a programable Tx you can just reverse the swash for reversing the pitch in the controller setup. Our heli runs backwards of most heli's... The pitch links are usually on the leading edge, and our are on the trailing edge, so the swashplate goes down when we want positive pitch and up for neg.... real heli's and alot of other heli's are just the reverse of this. =)

I know some people use JR's, but I am not sure about compatibility, or what servo they are using =)
Old 04-04-2007, 05:30 PM
orlbuzz

mrasmm,

you just made me realize that someone could use the Hitec 55 servos with a stock Tx. by using the modification I just did.

See John Adams Setup/ Smoother Collective: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5656031/tm.htm

After the mechanical changes, I had to change the swash pitch from - to + with my DX7.
Someone with a stock Tx., Hitec 55s, and this modi. should end up where they started!!! I did not have to reverse any servos to get correct cyclic.

The purpose of the mod. IS to put the pitch links on the leading edge.

orlbuzz