Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX / CX2 differences

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Compstall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX / CX2 differences

In case you didn't know

Besides the radio gear, I just found out personally that the chassis is not the same. Servos don't fit properly, and that little guide piece that sits above the servos that the pin for the swashplate sits in is different. My LHS told me they were the same when in fact they are not. I even measured it with calipers. Just a hair off.

The chassis plate part number for the CX is # BCX and the CX2 is # BCX2
Old 05-08-2007, 11:15 PM
ndoren

Default RE: CX / CX2 differences

Right.. the frame is different because the CX2 has smaller servos. Also, the "tray" for the 4-in-1 is different between the two frames... because the 4-in-1 on the CX2 is larger. Maybe the swashplate guide pin slot is in a slightly different location on the CX2 frame, but you can definitely use the same swashplate on either the CX or CX2.

Since you're in Albuquerque, you should come to the church this Friday night since it's our monthly flying event inside their gym. Or maybe you already know that. Drop me a private message for more info. Neall
Old 05-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Digital Don

Take a look here [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5303671/anchors_5303671/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#5303671]CX 1½[/link]

I converted a CX to a "CX 1½" by adding a 2.4ghz 4-in-1 from a CX2. The chassis (and servos as ndoren points out) are indeed different.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Compstall

ORIGINAL: ndoren

Since you're in Albuquerque, you should come to the church this Friday night since it's our monthly flying event inside their gym. Or maybe you already know that. Drop me a private message for more info. Neall
Which church? I'm not sure I'll have it back in one piece by then...
Old 05-09-2007, 11:27 AM
ndoren

Compstall:

Indoor electric flying is held the second Friday evening of the month from 7-10 pm in the gym at Heights Cumberland Presbyterian Church at Moon and Academy.
See: http://www.arcconline.com

You should drop by and check it out for a few minutes, even without a heli in hand. It's fun to watch. I'd say there are 20 or so helis... almost half are Blade CPs, CPPs, an CXs, and a lot of others are T-Rex's. There are a few "freaks" like me, who fly what is basically a Blade CP heli, but with a fixed-pitch rotor head installed instead. There are a lot of electric heli experts there. It's a blast. Neall
Old 05-10-2007, 12:33 AM
p01rogue

A little off topic, but i like your avatar.
Reminds me of something familiar. hehe

ORIGINAL: Compstall

In case you didn't know

Besides the radio gear, I just found out personally that the chassis is not the same. Servos don't fit properly, and that little guide piece that sits above the servos that the pin for the swashplate sits in is different. My LHS told me they were the same when in fact they are not. I even measured it with calipers. Just a hair off.

The chassis plate part number for the CX is # BCX and the CX2 is # BCX2