Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Do not be Stupid like me :o(

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Do not be Stupid like me :o(

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Denny10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not be Stupid like me :o(

First I would like to say hi too everyone. I am the most stupid person, I got gun hoo to get a Helo, read like 5 posts then went with the Blade Pro. it is day 4 and I have replaced landing skid, blades, tail rotor,main blades now I look at the tail boom it has a crack and this is all from One flight outside, and 2 days of indoor flight,lolololol. Please if you are new to this please do your homework, and do not make this mistake. I feel now after taking time to read the best bet for me is the Trex. I love yhe CP PRo it is just every little crash, and it falls apart. I was doing ground level turns on my carpeted floor ,and that is what broke the tail boom.My wife is so mad lololol. I guess now it is time to sell my laptop to get the Trex lol.

Any one want a laptop lolololol.

This place rocks I have learned so much here

Later Denny10

if anyone lives near myrtlebeach SC let me know like to have someone to fly with

email me [email protected]
Old 05-28-2007, 05:12 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do not be Stupid like me :o(

First of all...welcome to the insanity........please leave your brain at the door!

Don't go diving into a different more expensive model just because you are having some crash issues. Everyone goes that route and everyone gets the same advice. First off, go to www.bladecpreapair.com and get your heli set up just like it shows. Next go to [link=http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html]RADDS School of Rotary Flight[/link] and use your blade cp pro to learn how to hover. I know many will tell you its easier to fly a TREX than a CP Pro, but do the math.......250 bucks verses 800 bucks and a TREX doesn't just slow down when it hits the wall. The blade CP pro is flyable, and a really good heli, but you need to learn the basics first. Then save up for and buy your TREX........... and keep your laptop too, you will need it for researching how to fix your Blade cheaply!

BTW.........no need to feel stoopid.... Everyone who learned on a heli with no prior experience has done exactly what you have done. There are methods of taming down your CP Pro also. Changing the blade grips to the regular blade cp grips, added flybar weights, ect. You just need to take a deep breath, and slow down a little. Don't drop what you have and buy up until you are more steady at the stick........just my opinion.

ORIGINAL: Denny10

First I would like to say hi too everyone. I am the most stupid person, I got gun hoo to get a Helo, read like 5 posts then went with the Blade Pro. it is day 4 and I have replaced landing skid, blades, tail rotor,main blades now I look at the tail boom it has a crack and this is all from One flight outside, and 2 days of indoor flight,lolololol. Please if you are new to this please do your homework, and do not make this mistake. I feel now after taking time to read the best bet for me is the Trex. I love yhe CP PRo it is just every little crash, and it falls apart. I was doing ground level turns on my carpeted floor ,and that is what broke the tail boom.My wife is so mad lololol. I guess now it is time to sell my laptop to get the Trex lol.

Any one want a laptop lolololol.

This place rocks I have learned so much here

Later Denny10

if anyone lives near myrtlebeach SC let me know like to have someone to fly with

email me [email protected]

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Of all the things I ever lost.................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 05-28-2007, 05:15 PM
geoffrs

Hi Denny10,

I was planning to upgrade to a Blade CP from my CX2, but a lot of people here on this forum recommended not to do it. The overwhelming response was to get a sim first, then a Trex. So that's what I'm going to do. I also heard the Honey Bee King was pretty decent for the money, and it doesn't have a separate motor for the rotor. But I'm getting the Trex. It will take me longer to save up the cash, but it'll be worth it I'm sure.

- Geoff

Old 05-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Georges Payne

Hello Denny10,

Buying a BCPP to learn to fly helicopters is not stupid. Or maybe it is, but if so I am stupid too because that's exactly what I did. I had absolutely no prior experience with choppers. I now have 90 twelve minute flights in three months in my logbook, and I can hover in any heading, fly forward and do horizontal figure 8s, I can do stall turns, and I can hover nose-in in my living room. But I worked hard, I crashed often, and spent lots of money on repairs. I estimate I spent about 250$ in repairs, and I have another 250$ in spare parts just in case because my LHS is two hours away by car. I am now an expert in repairing and fine tuning my BCPP, and I can make it run way smoother than when it was brand new. It can hover hands off for 2-3 seconds, which is not too bad considering that it is completely stock, except for the aluminum swash plate.

The point is that in my opinion, you can learn to fly with a bigger, more stable and more expensive helicopter, maybe crash a lot less, or learn with a twitchy little helicopter that is not too expensive to fly and crash. But either way, it will not be easy, it will be costly, and you will have to work at it. you will be disappointed at times, and happy and really proud too. Nothing satisfying comes free, and learning to fly the BCPP can be really satisfying. I haven't had that much fun with model airplanes in maybe 10 years.

Maybe learning to fly a T-Rex or whatever will be easier, but it will still be a lot of work, and it will cost you.

Good luck
Georges
Old 05-28-2007, 06:06 PM
noguy

Yeah what Georges Payne said. I agree.... I am saving for a trex but I love my bcpp. I feel that once I was experianced at tuning it and understood how to tune it it became a very nice flying machine. Indoors I can also dead-stick hover for 3-5 seconds. Outdoors I get inverted and fly all over with this little thing.
With all heli's bigger means more stable....The bcpp is sssooooooooo small and light that it is not going to go exactly where you ask it to in a breeze and is blown all around in steady winds. It however can fly indoors and in other small areas where any larger more powerful heli should not..... I have blade striked myself a few times with the bcpp in my house and would never even concider a trex in my house....dangerous!!
Basically they are not comparable heli's one is really mirco and one is not....
I will say as far as the manufacturers are concerned I dont think you will find anyone around here that will claim that eflite is making a better product or that they offer more bang for the buck after the initial investment.....
Its is much cheaper to repair a trex 450 but it is much much cheaper to initially purchase the bcpp.

I learned on the cpp and took my time and bought a sim and followed RADD's and spent more time learning than crashing.....I think most folks that bought a cpp saw it on the shelf in the lhs and said cool I'll take it. Didn't follow radd's or buy a sim or have a plugged in trainer with an expert pilot and wound up spending more time crashing than learning......The bcpp is what it is & I love it! I also cant wait for 450se. $$$[:@]
Old 05-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Denny10

I think if I can get the darn thing set up it might help but darn this thing is expense, and so addictive lolololol. Now do I have to take the squash plate off the get to the pitch adjust. My blades are not tracking due to my last crash ). I wish ther was a helo group close to where I live.When I got into planes In Knoxville Tn there was a group helped me so much. I guess what I am getting @ is if anyone close to myrtlebeach wants to get a club going let me know

Denny10
Old 05-28-2007, 06:32 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres 2 clubs in your area .......... [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/clubs/index.cfm]Look Here[/link]

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Of all the things I ever lost.................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 05-28-2007, 06:36 PM
noguy

also here is some good online info on tuning and repair: [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3131294/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm[/link] & [link]http://www.bladecprepair.com/[/link]
And flight instructions here: [link]http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html[/link]

Good luck, Noah
Old 05-28-2007, 08:52 PM
NitroBobby

ha ha ha ha ha...another victim!!!! welcome to the 'club' buddy.

i agree with the prevailing sentiment that you are NOT stupid for getting a cp pro. i agree that it is definitely not the best heli to learn on, but what the heck. i figure it was an impulse type of buy and you had to have it, right? you got exactly what you wanted....now you just have to learn to fly it. that, my friend, is the hard part. if you want my $0.02, stash away $189.00 and pick up a bcx2. i can say with the utmost certainty that it will make you feel like a pro pilot in about 2 days. once this over exaggerated self-induced ego trip wears off, what you really gain is all of the basics of helicopter flight in an easy to fly package. you will learn about basic setup items like swashplate leveling and trim adjustments. you will master hovering in al orientations (nose in, nose out, and side). and the single biggest gain is that you will become very comfortable flying a heli and understanding where the heli will go with a given stick input. no, this will not help you fly 3D on your bcpp, but it will train your panic reactions to move the sticks in the right direction. and in the mean time, you will have a blast flying the (imo) best micro co-axial heli on the market. it is an entry level heli designed to teach the basics of hovering and flight. it is what it is, and it does it great.

if you cant't go that route, then heed the advice that has been repeated numerous times on this forum. go to radds site and follow it to the letter. make sure your setup is perfect, then check it again. practice, practice, and then practice some more. if you get frustrated, take a break and get your head back into it. flying agitated and crashing again is no help. oh, and have some fun and enjoy it. that is why we fly, right?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Denny10

Well Just spent 100 dollars, and after replacing just about everything I think I bent main shaft (. I saw a post, and I agree with the guy so much if you are a begginer like me do not, and I mean DO NOT put on carbon blades. The wooden ones ack like a cruppel zone on a car,if you have the carbon on they are so strong that your helo will bend like I just relized mine did, I think it did I have checked everything and with the blades off I replaced flybar measured it to make sure it was centered. I notice I still have the main shaft wobble is what I call it lolololol.Any suggestions before I buy a new one tomorrow. I feel so stupid asking this one but does the top plate have to come off to level the blades. I look at the pics of davidsons post but I do not see where it actually tells you how to go about balancing I know it says to do it by adjust rods but how ?????
Denny10

I am at the point of paying someone to call me liololololololool to help
Old 05-29-2007, 06:39 PM
mrasmm

pm me with your e-mail and I'll send you a pdf balancing guide that is about 4mb =)
Old 05-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Denny10

Thanks I pm ed you.
Denny10
Old 05-30-2007, 11:15 AM
duaneh1

I learned on a CP, just be patient, if flying indoors don't go higher than 3 feet or so,