Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CX2 Power and Proportional Mix Trimmer

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX2 Power and Proportional Mix Trimmer

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 06:52 PM
nasrr73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2 Power and Proportional Mix Trimmer

I've had my CX2 about two months now and have been learning how to fly it in my garage using the training gear. I recently purchased a second battery pack. From the start this heli has had the problem of drifting or yawing to the right (clockwise) while in hover. Using the adjustment procedures in the manual, I slightly adjusted the motor proportional mix trimmer (1/8 inch counterclockwise from original setting). This seemed to correct the problem with the original battery, but when using the second battery after only a few minutes flying time, the yaw problem was there again. Are there small variations between identical batteries which somehow affect tuning adjustments ? Also, can anyone give me a good estimate on the average flying time I can expect with this heli using the 2-cell LiPo which comes with the kit.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:54 PM
mrasmm

Default RE: CX2 Power and Proportional Mix Trimmer

if the batteries are the same capacity, then they realyl shouldn't be doing that, but it could be that you adjsuted it for your other battery which is getting older and alot of flights on it, so the actual capacity would be different. That is my guess anyways.

a good estimate would probably be 10 to 12 min
Old 06-21-2007, 09:44 AM
onad

I have the same issue with my CX2. I have adjusted the proportioner to the middle of the range in an attempt to compensate for this. Then I use the rudder trim adjustment on the controller through out the range of the battery(s) life to keep it flying strait.

Check out the paper from soloboss (if you haven’t seen it)? He says you can eliminate this problem through proper tuning. I havn't gone through his procedure yet...
http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in..._and_CX2_Setup

~Onad
Old 06-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Balance

I never flew with the training gear, but I have read on here that the training gear can throw the heli off.
You will have to do a search though because I don't remember what thread it was.
Only you know if the training skids are ready to come off. If the confidence is there, then
try that first, see if the problem still exists.
Also try adjusting your proportional mix AFTER you run about half the battery pack, that
way it will be adjusted in the middle of the road and not on a fresh battery or on almost
empty one.

And a 2 month old battery is not "identical" to a new one. Due to the fact of the old battery has
been drained (probably even sometimes too much), getting hot, working hard, being recharged,
dog was chewing on it once, ect....ect..
Old 06-23-2007, 10:50 PM
TheBum

I've flown both with and without the training gear. I found that the training gear was stifling my progress; once it came off, I had a much easier time controlling the heli, getting to the point after only a few days where I could hover it tail-in about two feet in front of my face for extended periods. I've said it before and I'll say it again: in the absence of the training gear, I'd strongly advise getting some heavy duty skids like those sold by boomtownhobbies.com; they'll take some pretty hard landings and literally just bounce back instead of breaking.