Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX2 Servos

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 03:31 PM
NJLOAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2 Servos

What determines the position of the servo linkage when the Heli battery in connected? The reason, I was moving the linkage to the second hole on both servos and after connecting the battery noticed the swash-plate was really tilted and not level, so I then moved the linkage back to the first hole and after hooking the battery back up the plate was still tilted quite a bit. I didn't make any adjustment on the linkage itself just on the hole placement on the servo. Hope I am explaining my self OK.

Thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Balance

Default RE: CX2 Servos

On servo's they go into neutral position when they have power applied to them with no input
from the TX.
Neutral position is half of the total distance of full travel. + or - whatever trim you have
on them with your radio. So to tune them, you can either shorten or lengthen the rods
or you can pull the servo arms off, power up the servo's (neutral position) then you can plug
the servo arms back on under power. Turn it off and THEN put the screws back in the arms.
DON'T tighten screws or try to move the servo's when they are powered up. They are trying
to hold a certain position and moving them while they are on can cause servo damage.

Moving to outer holes just moves things faster. Because you change the arc the further you
move out on the arms. I know .....lets see ....... tangents....cotangents.. wait and I think we need pi
in here somewhere. Anyway it can be calculated, or you can just move them and try it, just
don't go into the last hole.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:14 PM
onad

Thanks Balance! I had the same question, but hadn't posted it. I ended up performing the process you described last night and it worked well. ~Onad
Old 07-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Balance

Your welcome onad. [8D]

And I usually just bop on and off of here. Tonight is "work on the CX2" night and as I grabbed out
my stuff to get my heli for making sure it is fly worthy, I realized I forgot to mention the splines.
Usually moving it one or two splines is all it needs.

So to add my own question here.....what is the angle difference from the move of
one spline? Angle? And yeah I know it matters from where you measure. And maybe even
the manufacture. Any standards?

Edit: Was thinking of the onan people who make generators... sorry onad

All constants are variable.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:14 PM
NJLOAD

I moved the rods to the 2nd hole and what a difference in response. I also had to remove the servo arms and re-position to what looked like a level swash-plate, but hover is out of the question. I've got some major-league adjustments to make but ran out of sun light and really don't have enough room indoors to test. I just hope I'm not making it worse.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Balance

Never be afraid of making it worse......if you are afraid, you will never move on.

Humm ......maybe think this will be a new sig line.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:00 AM
NJLOAD

Balance, thanks for the replies. I was flying outside yesterday and made too quick of a move and lost both bottom blades. I still have some adjustments to make to the servos and need to level the swash-plate some more due to the fact with no hands on the sticks, it wanders all over the place. I think I'm keeping my hobby shop in business with all the blades I'm buying, it's a good think they are cheap. But still having fun is the bottom line.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:49 AM
jmhh

Yo NJLOad.....I've had great success putting aluminum tape (non-backing
kind) on the ends of my blades and have greatly reduced the incidence
of bladestrke and contact broken blades.....I also have the folding blade
holders...I put it on the leading edge of all blades and wrap a little
around the end tip of the blade...my tape roll is 5 mm wide and I use a 1 mm
length and then cut that in half...it's cheap and easy to do once you've done
it some....key pt. is to get same amount on each blade for balance purposes
...cheers, John H.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:37 AM
NJLOAD

jmhh, sounds good. If possible could you post pictures. Hows the old saying go: A picture is worth a thousand words!

Thanks