Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Upcoming Blade 400?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Bugzilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Upcoming Blade 400?!

giving the popularity of the the blade series, i have no doubt that the 400 will not disapoint. it should be a great RTF next step up from the other blades...the only thing i have to say about it is this, if you want a good heli that you can pull out of the box and fly, then this would be a good choice, personally, i am going to try to get the t-rex 450S package from helihobby. comes with everything you need to get it in the air including bl motor, lipo batt, dx6 tx/rx, servos, and hh gyro. all you gotta do is build the heli, and it costs $499. not knocking the 400, but i would rather build a flyable t-rex than get something else RTF for about the same price...but that's just me. to each his own and all that.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:53 AM
USHobbySupply

If they came out with an assembled airframe only, i would buy one of those. maybe. Depends on how close to gold they think the replacement parts are worth.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:06 PM
FlyinLo

ORIGINAL: mrasmm

you couldn't switch between rate and HH mode, honestly it wouldn't be much of a big deal =)

there is a knob on the right side of the Tx, just look here
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLH1400

as far as if that controls it or not, I reall don't know, but you could definately do something with a landing light =)
mrasmm, what are rate and HH modes? My only experience has been with my Blade CP.
I see a switch on the DX6i but not a knob. So I guess the switch changes between rate and HH...
Old 10-10-2007, 04:08 PM
FlyinLo

ORIGINAL: Bugzilla

giving the popularity of the the blade series, i have no doubt that the 400 will not disapoint. it should be a great RTF next step up from the other blades...the only thing i have to say about it is this, if you want a good heli that you can pull out of the box and fly, then this would be a good choice, personally, i am going to try to get the t-rex 450S package from helihobby. comes with everything you need to get it in the air including bl motor, lipo batt, dx6 tx/rx, servos, and hh gyro. all you gotta do is build the heli, and it costs $499. not knocking the 400, but i would rather build a flyable t-rex than get something else RTF for about the same price...but that's just me. to each his own and all that.
But with that Trex combo you get the old DX6 with DSM1 and old pitch curves. Also a telebee gyro which apparently isn't good. Also the non-digital S75 servos which people don't seem to like. Plus you have to build it :0
Old 10-10-2007, 04:30 PM
rcmiket

"But with that Trex combo you get the old DX6 with DSM1 and old pitch curves. Also a telebee gyro which apparently isn't good. Also the non-digital S75 servos which people don't seem to like. Plus you have to build it :0 "
I'd take the "old" DX6 over the DX6i (which nobody has even seen yet) anytime. Its really funny how people think. The heli nor the radio are even in the hands of pilots and everyone is jumping up and down about how great it is. How do any of you know just how great it is? Slick advertising isn't proof in my book. If your basing it on price well then remember you get what you pay for. If memory serves me right the CP Pro was " a 3D helicopter right out of the box" Yea right. After you spent another 2 hundred bucks on upgrades. I could be wrong and I hope I am but let the buyer beware. Personally I would wait till it comes out and see what real helicopter pilots say about it not the advertising bunch.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:41 PM
FlyinLo

I'm just going by the specs. It's an upgraded DX6. It's got their newer DSM2 among other things.

If you want to buy proven technology by all means do so.

The way I look at it, I just don't like spending my money on old tech.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:53 PM
rcmiket

I understand what your saying but without any hands on experience how can anyone know if it compares to the DX6? Upgraded how? I looked at the 6 when I bought my T Rex bought the 7 instead figured if I was going to get into helicopters I wanted flexibility and the most bang for my buck. My point is how does anyone know squat about something that is not even out there yet and are lining up to buy it? Not to mention they can't even promise a delivery date. I got burned once by the CP Pro and learned the hard expensive way. I guess I just want people to think about this one and not waste time and money on another so called T Rex clone. I find it very hard to believe they can deliver a quality 3D Helicopter and Radio for 400 bucks.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:14 PM
FlyinLo

We know what we read from the specs and judging from them it IS an upgraded DX6.

How did you get burned by the Blade CP Pro? My first and only heli so far (and the one I learned with) has been the Blade CP.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:37 PM
rcmiket

We all started out with the CX2 just for grins we have been flying fixed wings for 15 year or so. Got bored with the CX2 the Pro was supposed to the next step and a upgraded CP. Motor was junk 3 in 1 was junk the tail drive was a joke. Just a crap heli all around.The replcement parts were junk too in order to get a good flying machine everything needed to be upgraded. Spent more time fixing it than flying it. Flew a freinds T Rex and was hooked. Bought one the next day. Never looked back. In one afternoon I got more stick time on my 450 than 2 months with the PRO. Once you fly a quality machine you will belive the difference, you actually feel like your flying it and not chasing it. I picked up a HBking II with the B/l set up fro 206 delivered flies really nice and I use it around the house when I want to fly. I just hate anyone to go though what I've been through. Check the Cp Pro treads here on RCU you'll get the feeling for what I'm talking about. When the LHS gets them in I'll go fly one if its anywhere close to what they say it is I may pick one up ( like I need another toy) I will give them credit at least its belt drive nad B/l. Hope the Gyro and servos are better quality. Well hope gets to you soon and your happy with it. I'll wait till it shows on the street. Good Luck Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93757.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	780509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26929.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	780510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16100.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	780511  
Old 10-10-2007, 05:50 PM
FlyinLo

I guess I would have to agree that most people would not be happy with the BCP. It is a very unstable little heli and the tail motor sucks.
I love a challenge though and this thing really keeps me on my toes if I'm doing much more than simple hovering. The tail is very twitchy and it'll spin around on me at will and I'll have to recover. (I'm still flying tail-in....well, trying to anyways!)

If I had actually purchased my first heli it would not have been a blade CP. (This one was given to me by a friend)

It would've been this Belt CP(which is still very tempting except for the 72mhz radio:
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=4540
Old 10-10-2007, 06:08 PM
rcmiket

Helicopters are a different breed altogether. All I know for sure is the 3 of us who got into them are challenged constantly by them. I had to toss all I knew about flying RC out the window and start over. Its been a great experience and were all looking forward to the next challenge. Find what you like and what your budget is comfortable with. If it works for you great. Hope it does . Mike

Name:	Lj23776.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	780534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83536.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	780535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68154.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	780536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj19632.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	780537  
Old 10-10-2007, 06:16 PM
FlyinLo

Hey there's no arguing with a TRex, I know that much from reading the forums.

The thing is, I'm more into scale flight and don't have too much interest in serious 3d so I don't need the absolute best 450 on the market.
If the Blade 400 can be everything I need in a helicopter/radio system then I'll gladly spend $400 on it. Hopefully it'll be reasonably decent and I won't need to spend twice that much on a TRex.

Hell, that Belt CP with a DX7 is $550... I could go that route too...
Old 10-10-2007, 06:25 PM
rcmiket

Just hang on see what the 400 looks like it might just be what your looking for. If the LHS gets them in take a good look at it. There's nothing like local support. That is if they fly heli's. If they just sell them watch out could be a problem. I'm like you not really looking to 3D (at this point) were a bunch of self taught heli pilots who would rather fly then rebuild. Down the road who knows.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:38 PM
drphoto

Is the DX6i radio going to be sold alone? If so....it looks like a smokin' deal.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:41 PM
FlyinLo

The closest hobby shop is an hour away, it's tough to find the time and/or motivation to get over there with my schedule.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:58 PM
400owner

This website says the Blade 400 will be available on nov 5
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=4887
Old 10-11-2007, 12:32 AM
minipro

I'd rely more heavily on what Horizon says than a website selling Horizon's product...just to be safe.

How does everyone think this heli compares to the Venom NR 3D XL? I'm a beginner and highly considering this heli. Also roughly how long will the 1800 mah battery last in terms of run time for this heli? I'm assuming the charge will take a few hours?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:14 AM
fiveoboy01
My Feedback: (3)

Adding something that was missed a couple pages back:

DX7 regular version comes with an AR7000 reciever and 4 digital servos, all of which are too large to be used in any 450-size heli. You could use the AR7000 if you wanted, but not the servos.

DX7 microlite version comes with the AR6100 micro reciever and 4 micro servos.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 AM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: FlyinLo

mrasmm, what are rate and HH modes? My only experience has been with my Blade CP.
I see a switch on the DX6i but not a knob. So I guess the switch changes between rate and HH...
check out this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TLD8CqsN0M

this pic should show you where the rotary knob is =)

Name:	Wu59881.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	780855  
Old 10-11-2007, 08:23 AM
BryFlyGuy67

ORIGINAL: drphoto

Is the DX6i radio going to be sold alone? If so....it looks like a smokin' deal.
I have a Blade 400 on order with LHS. Since I already have the DX7, I will be selling the DX6i that comes with the kit. PM me if interested. I'll be listing here on RCU as well as HeliFreak and RC Groups.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:26 AM
FlyinLo

ORIGINAL: mrasmm

check out this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TLD8CqsN0M

this pic should show you where the rotary knob is =)
I don't mean to be argumentative but to me that looks like a plastic plug covering a hole that isn't used by a switch.
I hope you're right though, a knob would be a nice adjustment feature.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:27 AM
FlyinLo

ORIGINAL: BryFlyGuy67

I have a Blade 400 on order with LHS. Since I already have the DX7, I will be selling the DX6i that comes with the kit. PM me if interested. I'll be listing here on RCU as well as HeliFreak and RC Groups.
Obviously we don't know the component pricing yet but what do you hope to get for your DX6i? Will you be selling the receiver and/or servos along with the radio?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:17 PM
BryFlyGuy67

ORIGINAL: BryFlyGuy67

Obviously we don't know the component pricing yet but what do you hope to get for your DX6i? Will you be selling the receiver and/or servos along with the radio?
To be honest, I have no idea what to sell if for. I'll just have to wait a bit and get a ballpark figure once it's released. I'm not a retailer, just someone who loves helis. I won't be trying to gouge anyone, but I do want to recoup the fair value of the radio. I have heard a number of arguments that the radio is ~ one-half the value of the package. Who knows?

And no, I will only be selling the radio and charger (if there is one - for the radio). I plan to fly this bird in stock condition just as soon as I can charge the LiPo!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:20 PM
400owner

ORIGINAL: minipro

I'd rely more heavily on what Horizon says than a website selling Horizon's product...just to be safe.
Good point but this is the only date I've found so I figured that I would post it.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:44 PM
FlyinLo

Judging by the current DX6 and DX7 pricing, my guestimate would be that the DX6i would sell for $230-$260 including the receiver and 3 servos.

Figuring the receiver and 3 digital S75 servos will probably be at least $100 I'd guess the radio alone could sell for $150-$180

But I could be way off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.