Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Help with Blade CP Plus!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Help with Blade CP Plus!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 11:10 PM
scalenut07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Blade CP Plus!!!!

Just picked up a new Blade CP+ from the LHS. Drove 90 miles back to home, opened it up and started reading the manual and following it step by step. Charged the battery, disconnected the tail rotor motor and main motor. When the battery was charged, installed it and pluged it into the 4 & 1. Working the collective only one main blade increases in pitch. I have looked over everything and cannot figure out what is going on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:16 PM
DVI

Default RE: Help with Blade CP Plus!!!!

Are all three servo's going down at the same time as you increase collective?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:37 PM
mrasmm

if all the servo's are working properly maybe a linkage is not connected properly, or maybe the movement is going into the flybar or something. If the heli is not spinning and you change the collective, sometimes it will only change the pitch of one blade, but it will also change the flybar as well. It's really not about being stationary and moving stationary parts, it's the relation of all the moving parts together if that helps.

If your heli has the hiller head and not the bell hiller head, then changing the collective really has nothing to do with directly changing the pitch. Actually the flybar spinning and the resistance for it to move out of it's flat plane will pitch the blades, so basically if the head is not spinning it might not work as you think it would.

If all 3 servo's are moving up and down together when you move the collective, and all the linkages are good to go, give it a small spin up test and check the tracking and all of that. If one blade is not pitching, it will give you a really bad wobble.

If you feel like there might still be a problem, take some pics of your heli, especially the head and linkages and post them, and we can tell you if it's setup right =)
Old 09-09-2007, 06:19 PM
scalenut07

Thanks for your help. All three servos move up and down at the same time, in normal mode and idle-up. I will go ahead and see what happens when I spin it up. I have owned a gas heli and I know that both blades increased in pitch when throttle is increased. All linkages are in place and nothing looks out of the ordinary. Thanks again and I will let you know what happens.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:23 PM
mrasmm

yup, no problemo =)

Sounds like you have experience and know what you are doing, good luck!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:54 PM
scalenut07

I can't say that I have "experience", that's just what I recall from having the nitro heli. I took it outside and spun it up, (after checking the blade tracking and balancing) got it light on the skids and everything seemed o.k. I then took it up 3 or 4 feet got in in a soom what stable hover, then it just shot straight up 2 or 3 feet and straight back down. I have no idea what caused this but it got my attention. Any ideas on what caused this. Thanks in advance for any comments or ideas.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:05 PM
JKEP44

Hi there, I have a cp that would do that with the trainer on. It would go up or down suddenly a couple of feet about once every other pack and scare the crap out of me. Once I took the trainer off though the problem dissappeared. Static maybe???? Hope that works for you.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:01 AM
soop7667

Radio Glicth! Mine did all kinds of crazy stuff like that too! It sits in the trunk of my car with a for sale sign on it!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:15 PM
mrasmm

could also be a sticky colletive problem =)

http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in...Collective_Fix
Old 09-14-2007, 04:23 PM
[]TEX[]

Blade CPs are plagued with glitches. I sold mine long ago.

With that said, keep the heli out of the plane of the antenna. What I mean is, point your tx so the antenna is pointing upwards, not horizontal.

You can test this at home kids! Point the antenna straight out away from you(horizintal to the ground) and then hover the CP up through the antenna plane. It'll glitch as you pass thru it.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:52 PM
JKEP44

Thats a very interesting thought, the plane of the radio that is. I will try that but since I took the trainer off the problem has pretty much gone away. I fly it at least once a day, wind permitting and have had no problems for the last 10 flights or so.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:55 PM
[]TEX[]

CF does cause a lot of glitching.