Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CX2 - Up'ing the POWER !

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX2 - Up'ing the POWER !

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Archangel6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CX2 - Up'ing the POWER !

The BCX2 w/stock Lipo is way under powered IMHO, switch to an 11.1v from a Blade Cp Pro or other, the difference is night and day, just remember to keep the fuses on your motors.

Don't worry about over heating the 3-N-1 the BCP Pro has the same 3-N-1 save for a few small pieces, but it will handle the heat. I've been running an 11.1 in my BCX2 and the only reason I fired my 3-N-1 is because I took my fuses off to get a full 8.4v to the motors, one of my motors burned out and subsequently fried the 3-N-1, which I repaired...

Old 05-01-2008, 01:43 PM
BryFlyGuy67

If you run a 3S, 11.1V pack, definitely watch the motor temp. If you get them too hot, you will cook the insulation off of the windings and severly degrade your brush life.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:17 PM
H3li

Hi guys, thankyou all for your recent feedback. BryFlyGuy, thankyou for your further Posts too, considering you also posted when I created this Thread a few months back! I think I will eat my words [)], and as you say BryFlyGuy, remove alot of the Aluminium upgrades, and revert back to the black plastic (apart from Swash?). [)]

See if this gives me a boost in vertical performance - only thing, wont my CX2 get blown around more being lighter outside??
Hopefully the shorter flybar/Xtreme motors and DN Power will help FIGHT the breezes!

Perhaps in a desperate act, I might think about sliding a 3S battery under there as a few have mentioned, but very wary I will kill my CX2 forever!? [&:]

Note, since my post the other day, the outer shaft is bent YET AGAIN (slight wobble there/vibration) -so perfect time to rebuild with the plastic items.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:03 PM
BryFlyGuy67

ORIGINAL: H3li

Hi guys, thankyou all for your recent feedback. BryFlyGuy, thankyou for your further Posts too, considering you also posted when I created this Thread a few months back! I think I will eat my words [)], and as you say BryFlyGuy, remove alot of the Aluminium upgrades, and revert back to the black plastic (apart from Swash?). [)]

See if this gives me a boost in vertical performance - only thing, wont my CX2 get blown around more being lighter outside??
Hopefully the shorter flybar/Xtreme motors and DN Power will help FIGHT the breezes!

Perhaps in a desperate act, I might think about sliding a 3S battery under there as a few have mentioned, but very wary I will kill my CX2 forever!? [&:]

Note, since my post the other day, the outer shaft is bent YET AGAIN (slight wobble there/vibration) -so perfect time to rebuild with the plastic items.
h3li,

FWIW, I have two CX2's and both of them have all the aluminum bling. One of them also has the Xtreme folding blade grips. I have never tried to lift anything with them, but judging from the power I get, I can't see where I would have a problem with a FlyCamOne.

But... going back to plastic may be something you want to try. If you aren't happy with it that way, it's no big deal. You can tear a CX2 down and rebuildit from scratch in a couple of hours, so going back to aluminum will not be a big deal if that is what you decide. Plus, I think that it's a good idea to tear them apart and put them back together again periodically, anyway.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:25 PM
killerdino

h3li,

1st make sure both drive shafts and bearings are perfect. 2nd i would think about a 2.4 ghz spy cam running off the aux pwr on the reciver and use a ground reciver to record and see live video. most of these cams are tiny and have good video.