Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX2/DX7 Glitching

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 02:52 PM
mydartswinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2/DX7 Glitching

I've got a really weird issue with my CX2. It's got the aluminum upper/lower blade holders, bearing holder, heatsink, and swashplate. I fly it using a DX7 Rx, set up as listed on Horizon/E-flite's web site. It was flying great for 2+ weeks, had a few minor crashes (blades, flybar, and body). When moving the cyclic, the aileron/elevator will freeze for 1+ second and begin working again. Sometimes when this happens, the orange light on the 4 in 1 will turn off, then come back on when control returns. It does this to often enough to where I cannot fly it until it's fixed. I've looked it over and do not have anything that looked like it would cause a glitch. It started doing this about halfway through a pack, and was flying fine until that point, when it darted forward and to the right. Also, after it does this with the blades spinning and I get them stopped, the lowers make about 3 spins by themselves. It does it on a full pack as well as one that is run down some. This seems odd to me considering that it's equipped w/a Spektrum/2.4GHz radio. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?
Old 05-26-2008, 03:15 PM
casey_lamm

Default RE: CX2/DX7 Glitching

I am running the dx7 and have had no issues. did you perhaps damage the receiver? This is a shot in the dark but do you have another one to try, perhaps you cashed in on the spektrum rebate ?

Can you get some video of what its doing. Sometimes that helps even more than a good description.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Phill86

Hello mydartswinger.
May not have anything to do with your problem, but I had simular to what you discribe.

I found that one of the little wire antennas on the reciever was just about to fall off where it had come unsoldered.
I took it apart, just a dab of solder and its as good as new.
Hope this help.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:13 PM
mydartswinger

casey- I did not cash in on the spektrum rebate, and I don't think I damaged the Rx, but it is possible. I'll probably get a new 4-in-1 sometime this week to check that out. I unfortunately don't have what is needed to post vids on the internet (video capture software).

phill- i checked the antenna wires, they are not loose.

Thank you both for your replies.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:50 PM
mydartswinger

I just put in my new 4-in-1 this evening. It is still "glitching". I'm lost now. Any more ideas for me to try? Thanks for any help.