Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

**The NEW Blade CP Pro 2 RTF 2.4**

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

**The NEW Blade CP Pro 2 RTF 2.4**

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Luv2Flyallday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **The NEW Blade CP Pro 2 RTF 2.4**

So, i see E-flite has out a new blade. This one looks promising. Comes stock with a 6 channel 2.4 control, a Spectrum 6100, a G110 gyro with a n60 Direct Drive tail, redesigned. 3 S-75 Digital servos.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodId=EFLH1350

Looks really nice, i hope to get one. Anyone know anymore about this thing? All the hop-ups look great. I think i'd rather get this than the T-rex 450 V2. Cheap parts if you break em. Less worries when your in the air.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Evan T.

Default RE: **The NEW Blade CP Pro 2 RTF 2.4**

yeah theyve had that on there web site for ever but its not out yet i dont think its not at my any of lhs's
Old 06-19-2008, 07:19 PM
ndoren

The initial ship date isn't until late July, and if the previous new models are any indication (eg: Blade 400) it won't be available until well after that. I ordered the direct drive tail kit... that too has been backordered a month and I don't expect it until after late July.

A souped up Blade CP, Spektrum radio or not, isn't going to fly like a Trex 450 SE. Maybe you want either the CP or the Trex, but they're totally different animals and can't be compared to one another. Eflite helis are not known for their cheap parts.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:44 PM
xyster101

Parts for Eflite are a bit expensive. For the Blade 400 2 feather shafts cost around $4.50 and Align has 3 feather shafts for the same price. Blade 400 flybar paddles are around $4 for two and Align paddles are $4 for two, BUT do not require the $3 weight to mount them.
Eflite is good to get you out and flying, but the parts are a little more $$$. I know I have a Blade 400
Old 06-20-2008, 12:02 PM
H3li

Luv2Flyallday , have you ACTUALLY flown or handled a T-Rex? No, thought not! A comparison is not really valid. Infact the CP2 is smaller than the Blade 400 also... everything, rotor blade span, size, and weight.

Anyway, although I already have my larger 450 class Heli, I've been quite interested in the developments from the micro Blade CP, to this Blade CP2.
Interesting that they have stayed with the direct drive tail, rather than changing to a belt driven tail. Perhaps this is one 'signature' of the CP series?
Hopefully this new N60 tail motor provides a little more reliability than the original CP variant - time will tell.

Components are definately a step up, with digital cyclic servos, and a nice 2.4GHz Spectrum radio setup. Look forward to reading early reviews.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:34 PM
bigbore

You can get the DD tail mount right now at Helihobby. It is a combo tailfin & mount which looks MUCH better IMO; then just get the GWS DD motors w/JST leads and capacitors already soldered.

You don't need to wait or pay more for a better looking DD tail.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:42 PM
J-MICHAEL

Luv2Flyallday

I think i'd rather get this than the T-rex 450 V2. Cheap parts if you break em. Less worries when your in the air.

Think about this carefully... I have two CPP's and hardly even can take them into forward flight. I have a Trex, and can zip it all over the place. A night and day difference by far... Maybe even consider a B400, but I would step cautiously in the direction of the cpp's. It will be a long and bumpy road, as many will tell you on the forum here. I don't want anyone to get discouraged in the hobby, so I'am just giving you my input. I've only been in it for a year and a half, and wish I could go back and do things different...

I wish ya the best of luck however in what ever you choose...

This mornings flight with the Trex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_j_F4mvbKs

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87899.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	975049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40833.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	975050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79342.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	975051  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:30 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Guys,

Check the video out of the CP Pro 2 at the Eflite site....looks pretty impressive in the hands of a capable pilot!

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLH1350

Glenn
Old 06-21-2008, 04:56 PM
H3li

J_Michael, nice looking fleet you have there
Sweet TRex video - The bird flies SO smooth - great bit of fast forward flight! The location looked great too. You were using a helmet CAM?
Seeing your shadow a few times seems to confirm this, unless you usually have a square head!

bigbore
- thats interesting to hear, belt driven tail option for the CP2 bird? The RTF direct drive tail looks like a thin tube of carbon fibre.
Difficult to see how they could fit a belt into that! Obviously the belt Mod must be more accomodating.

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey Guys,

Check the video out of the CP Pro 2 at the Eflite site....looks pretty impressive in the hands of a capable pilot!

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLH1350

Glenn
Cheers for the link rotarydoc, the CP2 is a nice little micro heli. The 3D was very smooth too!
Would have been smart to have seen some simple hovering and a little forward flight, to get a decent view of the Heli in flight.
Most of that Vid was a blur, as it was being thrown around all over the place! Obviously quite capable of 3D though. Sweet.

Exactly what type of buyer/flyer are they aiming the CP2 at? It's micro in size (smaller than the Blade 400), yet alot more challenging and difficult to fly!?
Old 06-21-2008, 06:32 PM
J-MICHAEL

H3li

Thanks for the compliments...This addictive hobby has turned into quite a passion of mine. The flying site is located in Central Cali resting on a plateau at 1600 ft elevation on the side of a mountainside with three sides of the flat area dropping about 750' down. Definately got to not overstep my boundaries with the heli's, or it could take me an all day effort to locate the heli. I've been off the forum for 5 months, and the heli's had a rest for a few months along with that as work has been priority while I'am down here working 1200 miles from home. Hard to find flying areas, so one must be creative, which is why I cleared a spot at the top of the property for flying...Lol..

The wind can get nasty as it whips up over the ridge, and the down drafts you have to be ready for. I had to put on 315mm CF blades to help, along with keeping it in idle up. I had 325mm blades on, but they made it worse. Don't ask me why, I just know what works for me...!

I'am glad to be back in the game, and advancing on. The forward flight just came to me a few weeks ago, so still working on it. It's like someone snapped there fingers, and it comes to you like that. Just like when ya first learn to hover, that one day you grasp it... So I'have a feeling now I'll be stuck in this phase for awhile like I did in the hover phase, until I progress to the next level.

The CPP is what started the addiction to the heli's, and as challenging as that heli is, I still have a soft spot for it...Lol.. I can only do SLOW ff, and SLOW small circuits with it, and I'll keep battling with them through time. I haven't flown them for a few months, as the Trex is very addicting, with the stability it offers, like your Mini Titan...One day I'll have one of those, I love those heli's along with an HBK2 !

Helmet cam, yes the only way to fly...Catch it on film, it helps you push your limits, and you can study your flights afterwards. I film every flight just for this reason, did it with the CX2, & the CPP also. There on my You-Tube videos as well.

The CP2 looks like a fun machine for a more experienced capable pilot it seems. I should have figured the obvious when I bought my CPP a little over a year ago that it had the word PRO in it...Lol.. And here I was a beginner not knowing squat ! But it taught me a lot, and I stayed the course, and I love the CPP's today for that. Might have to pick up one of them newer jobber's some day...

Have a good one & see ya around,

Jeff