Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 Blade CP interesting problem >

Blade CP interesting problem

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CP interesting problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP interesting problem

Greetings,
This is my first post in this section,you can usually find me in the RC scale section. Anyhoo, my neighbor gave me a blade CP (nice neighbor!). It has the stock NiMh packs which I charged with my own charger as he had lost the stock one. They charged up and tested fine. I ran it up and at half throttle it was getting light on the skids but going over half throttle the power started to DECREASE, and I can't get it to lift off. BTW, I do have a couple of nitro helis but this is my first electric one. Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Thanks!!!

J
Old 12-25-2008, 08:43 PM

Default RE: Blade CP interesting problem

maybe the batteries are old and bad or if your using a computer transmitter the throttle curve is messed up and needs some tweeking
Old 12-25-2008, 09:43 PM

They'll fly on the stock batteries, but not very lively, check the pitch and make sure it's not too excessive and bogging down the engine. They fly much better on 3 cell 900 Mah lipo's. There's a ton of Blade CP info here as well. If it has the flat bottom blades, it should lift and fly on those 8 cell batts, if he put the symetrical blades on, you need the 9 tooth pinion to get it to fly correctly.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:36 PM

its probably an old battery. try replacing it.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:55 PM

I am using the stock E-flite Tx that came with it. The two battery packs I got with the heli check out fine and I tried them out on my park flier just to be sure. I'll try to eyeball the pitch, the pitch gauges I have are too big.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:56 PM

I think stock with the flat blades they sold them set-up at +/- 10, try a little less for starters, I flew mine on stock batts for a while, it was similar to a slow .30 size nitro. The lipo's and a headlock gyro really wake these little heli's up
Old 12-29-2008, 05:22 PM

I just noticed that my Blade has CF blades and they are symmetrical[:'(] DOH!. I also noticed that I have the heat sink on the tail motor, but not on the main motor. I'll have to check with my neighbor to see what he knows about what has been done to this Blade.

Thanks for your replies.

J
Old 12-29-2008, 07:23 PM

Just for grins I charged up my old stock NiMH batt and flew one of my stock CP's, it still worked ok and was flyable, but flight time was only around 3-4 min before the tail drew too many amps and would no longer hold. I believe they discontinued the NiMH batts. The 900 Mah lipo is what they provide with the new CP Pro, nice an light and powerfull.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:02 PM

I know I will want LiPos in the future anyway, so I ordered a pair of them.